Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-13-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
(07-13-2020 )Canadian_eh85 Wrote:  Hope I didn’t overwhelm you, just thought I would give you a basic list of what to look for. Best of luck. Once you start doing this stuff yourself you won’t want to let anyone else do it for you.

Not at all! That's exactly what I was looking for. I've been slowly trying to learn and do more and more things myself. Partly to save money, but mostly to gain that piece of mind that everything is in the best condition to be safe, avoid breakdowns and make money.

I can see how guys who are used to doing this might think 'oh you just get under there and hit every spot'. Problem for us who are just starting out is that we don't always know every spot to go looking for. I know from my own past learning experiences that when you crawl under that truck if you don't know your looking at, or what to look for, it's really easy to miss something that should be obvious. It's dirty, stuffs fallin in your face, everything is coated in grease/oil/road grime and looking about the same. In my case I'm basically flat on my back shimmying around under there. I could be staring right at something and not even realize it.

One more thing, how much grease should I have on hand? sounds like 1 tube probably won't be enough...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Canadian_eh85

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - JimT - 07-13-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.