Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way?
07-12-2020, (Subject: Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way? ) 
RE: Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way?
Audio amps

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
07-12-2020, (Subject: Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way? ) 
Bingo...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
07-13-2020, (Subject: Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way? ) 
It was a bit difficult to see all the amps on my phone, I can see them well from my desktop though. Looks like some serious wattage.

Planning out the access panel, I'm thinking about drawing it out with a Sharpie and getting some cutting wheels for my grinder. A few weeks back I found some heavy aluminum on the side of the road, a piece the size of a mud flap. Now I'm debating on what to anchor it with.
replyreply
(07-13-2020 )Meanwhile Wrote:  It was a bit difficult to see all the amps on my phone, I can see them well from my desktop though. Looks like some serious wattage.

Planning out the access panel, I'm thinking about drawing it out with a Sharpie and getting some cutting wheels for my grinder. A few weeks back I found some heavy aluminum on the side of the road, a piece the size of a mud flap. Now I'm debating on what to anchor it with.

Before you start cutting away drill a couple small holes at the corners just to see where everything lines up, top and bottom, inside and out. Make sure you're not coming close to anything important like wires or hoses or some cross member or support for the floor. If they are correct you can always go back and make bigger holes as a starting or turning point for your cuts. Small holes can easily be filled with caulk or silcone or whatever sealant you like if they are in the wrong place. Shine a bright light through the small holes to help find them from the underside more easily.

Nice thing about aluminum is that you can usually use normal wood working blades and tools to cut/drill/shape it. When I ran the cables for my inverter I used my little dremel with a cutting wheel to cut an opening in my floor that was big enough.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Meanwhile
Most removable floor panels are held in by tec screws or just regular screws.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile
07-19-2020, (Subject: Cut an access panel in the floor or find another way? ) 
On a Cascadia I removed the drive shaft and the cab shocks and carefully jacked the cab as high as I could. I blocked it up too. It was still really tight but it worked. It is not easy working through a shifter hole either. It would be great to have large access hatch if you have the time to fabrication it.
replyreply
@Waterloo

Are the legs and mounts pipe mounts? I couldn't zoom in enough to see what looked like a tapered part towards the base was.
replyreply
Yep, they are black pipe "flanges", I used 3/4 inch, bought at Home Depot, plumbing section.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
I think this may be a better photo to zoom in on... I used the flanges at both ends of the pipe, attached under the cabinet too... The 24' main pipe nipple was a bit short, so I used a small nipple extension, one inch long and a pipe nipple union. Worked out perfect.

./uploads/202007/post_218_1595174104_2198c1fabc933bfc13bb5623c69e62c9.jpg

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.