Oil leaking from turbo
07-15-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Oil leaking from turbo
I have a 871, and the turbo is leaking oil out of the back. The turbo is not making boost. The truck is running ok just some hesitation. I'm 148 miles from making my delivery. I realize the turbo is shot, YTS is going to overnight one tomorrow morning. Im looking for advice if the truck could make delivery?
replyreply
RE: Oil leaking from turbo
Is it possible to block off the oil supply so it doesn't go to the turbo?
replyreply
(07-15-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  Is it possible to block off the oil supply so it doesn't go to the turbo?

No don't do that!!!
When you say it's leaking out of the back, you're saying the exhaust side? If that's the case you could probably run it to make that delivery. If it were leaking on the intake side you wouldn't even want to start it because it can run on that oil and "run away" its possible your risking your core though no matter what you do.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
The turbo is shot. I have to del the load. I just don't want to be leaking oil
replyreply
I'm looking on quickserve to find out the threads size for the turbo oil supply line. It isn't show it, does anyone know it or tell where I can it ?
Thanks
replyreply
There is a little oil coming from the intake side. I disconnect the intake hose from the turbo. I'm looking to block off the oil supply hose.
replyreply
(07-15-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  There is a little oil coming from the intake side. I disconnect the intake hose from the turbo. I'm looking to block off the oil supply hose.

dont block the oil supply to the turbo if your going to run the engine at all.. not only will it destroy itself but the pieces will go thru the CAC and enigne.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks, I will not block off oil supply. I'm going to try and make it home, and take the turbo over to YTS.
Might have the actuator done as well.
replyreply
07-18-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Turbo has been replaced, heading back to the house now. Anyone know how I should clean out the exhaust, from the oil that leaked down it?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.