Oil leaking from turbo
07-18-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
RE: Oil leaking from turbo
by the time you get home it won't need cleaned. Or have you not even started the engine yet? Depending on how much got in there you might have to take some pipes apart and drain it out. If just a little bit, drive it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
That is what I firgure, but just wanted to verify. Should burn off all that went thru exhaust.
replyreply
I threw 7 gallons of oil out the exhaust on a 60 series I had. After I replaced the turbo in the parking lot at the Detroit dealership I drove it down the road till it stop smoking.... a day or 2 later....

Obviously this is pre emissions. If there is any emissions on it, its safe to say they're soaked and need pulled apart and replaced or cleaned.

You may also want to pull all your remaining sensors and have a look at them. Both exhaust and intake sensors. Burnt oil and/or oil mist will clog them up in a hurry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze , JMBT
07-19-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Any recommendations on how to clean the " DPF " ? I was going to use some Dawn and water.
replyreply
External or internal? Outside, yeah, dawn and water work good along with a scotch brite pad or something similar.

Internally you take it to a dealer or other professional shop that has the proper equipment to bake/de-ash and flow test.

Always clean DPF and DOC together.

If you're looking to "clean" them out permanently...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(07-18-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I threw 7 gallons of oil out the exhaust on a 60 series I had. After I replaced the turbo in the parking lot at the Detroit dealership I drove it down the road till it stop smoking.... a day or 2 later....

Obviously this is pre emissions. If there is any emissions on it, its safe to say they're soaked and need pulled apart and replaced or cleaned.

You may also want to pull all your remaining sensors and have a look at them. Both exhaust and intake sensors. Burnt oil and/or oil mist will clog them up in a hurry.

Did it look something like this?

./uploads/202007/post_2065_1595194590_caca089917613a28ac897ddfb63f408f.jpg

Truck got towed here after the turbo grenaded. I replaced the turbo but it never dawned on me that the exhaust would be full of oil.......... lesson learned

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Waterloo
^^^^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA^^^^^^^^^
That really made me LOL. Such carnage makes me laugh because its sucks but there is nothing you can do about it. It brought back such fond memories.

Except my stack was behind the cab and my tarps covering the rebar I had on were dripping with oil. Gooood times.... :-)
replyreply
Very close to that. I don't think washing the inside could hurt anything.
replyreply
(07-19-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  Very close to that. I don't think washing the inside could hurt anything.

assuming they are hollow... (de-mandated) ... not a bad idea to check em to ensure there is not a couple gallons or something in em.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.