Oil leaking from turbo
07-19-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
RE: Oil leaking from turbo
Then the oil fighting power of Dawn shall be my friend. What about CAC what can be used on that?
replyreply
07-19-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
(07-19-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  Then the oil fighting power of Dawn shall be my friend. What about CAC what can be used on that?

I have heard of some ppl using kerosine and follow it up by flooding it with water to remove the fumes... but I am not convinced this method it is 100% safe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-20-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Dawn water with air fill with dawn water then find a way to plug one side with an air fitting then put cac on its side and throw air into it and avoid the water shooting out other side. Rinse repeat till satisfied

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I used to use degreaser laundry soap for flushing out CAC's. It doesn't have the foaming agent in it. It cut down on the mess in the shop. But if your outside, Dawn dish detergent is your friend. The surfactant helps to lift the oil off the inner surface on the CAC to aid in getting the crap out of it when you flush it with water.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Thnaks
replyreply
07-21-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
10 million different products on the market, yet when it comes down to it you can easily fall back on a handful of tried and true solutions. Like Dawn, Simple Green, WD-40 or as Rawze likes, charcoal lighter fluid.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-22-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Like Dawn seems to work on just about anything. in a spray bottle I use Spray 9.
replyreply
07-23-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
Got home this afternoon, and drop the the DPF. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking. I'm going to do an " Rawze EGR tune up" tomorrow, just to make sure everything else is good. I might take out the CAC to clean it out. Unless anyone has any suggestions on how to clean it out installed in the truck.
replyreply
07-30-2020, (Subject: Oil leaking from turbo ) 
I got a pic back from YTS and the actuator was full of coolant. He is checking to see if there was an internal leak. I drop the the DFP filter, and it was pretty clean. Driving the truck back to house after having the turbo replaced in Dallas cleaned it out. Going to do an EGR tune up today, mainly to replace the IMAP sensor and turbo sensor. There was a little oil coming from the front of the turbo going to the CAC, but nothing coming out of the CAC going into the intake manifold.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.