@m*m^2 tune
07-15-2020, (Subject: @m*m^2 tune ) 
@m*m^2 tune
Hey y’all I am just looking if someone could pm the info of one of the guys close to me that does the @m*m^2 tunes. I live up near Edmonton Alberta Canada. Before I had found this sight I had deleted my truck with a CM870 CpL 8518 and did all the work myself (cause I refuse to pay someone to do something I can do myself) putting a full tilt manifold and that “most loved”(hated) bw 171702 turbo. I did upgrade my Cam with a higher lift and duration on the exhaust to get my jakes back. Again like I said all before I found y’all and didn’t know better. I have had it custom tuned by what I would consider a very good turner here who widen my torque band up into the 1700rpm range since I never run my motor loaded below 1500rpms. It’s tuned up around 750hp. I am running it through a Mack maxi torque 18speed tranny and Tri drive Rockwell 4:33 rears with 22.5 rubber. I am pulling 140,000lbs off road lots. I know the tune is a good tune cause I can never get over 915° on the pyro and the engine is very smooth running with no vibrations when working it hard.

I guess my question is now that I have learned a lot from reading in this group would the @m*m^2 tune still be worth going for with the current setup I have. After spending the money I had on the upgrade/downgrade I dont want to just throw that money away too. Basically am I too late at this stage?? Please go easy on me as I am the first to admit my mistakes after coming to the light.

Also one of the other reasons I am asking too is I have some good friends that have 2 trucks with an cm870 and an a cm871 that I have been telling about the @m*m^2 tune. They like me had done the full deletes but unlike me who at least has a some what good tune theirs were pukedits tunes with with the big boss crap. My truck is very smooth on the power where theirs are really rough on the power to the point they doing like using it cause it vibrates too much...... fast forward to a couple days ago and they snapped a crank in there truck. Right now seeing as they are farmers and really busy I have been helping them work on rebuilding the motor and have been preaching Rawze to them and they agree that the pukedits tunes are carp and would like to look into the @m*m^2 ask they are now seeing the light on this stuff. So any help you guys can give would be great. They still have their VGT turbo and would be will to put it back on too now. So I think we may have a few more converts. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers!! Elliot.
replyreply
07-16-2020, (Subject: @m*m^2 tune ) 
RE: @m*m^2 tune
I would contact Unilever, I believe he is near Camrose, shoot him a PM.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Canadian_eh85
Thanks I have heard though that he can be tough to get a hold of so hopefully he can get back soon as I think my friends and my self would be willing to talk to him about what he can do before we put a new rebuilt engine back into service.
replyreply
I talked to him last night, he has supper around 5pm... I'll give him a shout out tomorrow for you. PM me your phone number and I will get it to him.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
If you can't get ahold of him for whatever reason, Mommaburt is his go to. PM him. They're really busy guys but they get the job done. I just spoke to Mommaburt yesterday. We'll Hopefully be tweeking my truck sometime before the weeks end.
replyreply
Yeah I third that, Unilever's is the man to go to here, especially seeing as your trip drive Berta truck, he's the absolute only one that actually understands the demands of the trucks here.

He will be worth the wait.

Side note, I was starting to wonder.... Haven't seen him logged in here in a while.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Yeah I have been in contact with Waterloo who has sent him my info as well I did PMd him so hopefully I will hear back something some time in the near not to far future......like they say though “good things comes to those who wait” my biggest thing is I hope he can still do something even with what I have on my truck right now as I don’t have the money to change everything back. I guess I will just have to wait and see
replyreply
Bad news, I spoke with Unilever, he is now semi retired, health and life issues, which is understandable, he and Mommaburt are working together, tinkering, some bigger shops, neither are taking any new work.

replyreply
Oh well that sucks.......Lol. I do understand, guess I will just have to wait tell I can get all the computer gear so I can get it done remotely. Just did a full bearing roll, cam job and fixed a busted power divider that some moron took out on the truck before I had bought it. ..... don’t understand how they do crap like that. In 15 years I haven’t as much as dropped a drive line pulling 150,000lb log loads through mud and running the ice roads in the winter. Makes me wonder at some of these steering wheel holders out there. .... anyways I digress...... so ya after all of that I will wait tell I can talk the wife in to computer gear for the truck lol. ........ unless I tell her it’s a must and a good business write off!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.