Water in fuel indicator
07-19-2020, (Subject: Water in fuel indicator ) 
RE: Water in fuel indicator
The water in fuel is a maintenance code least severe. No check engine light. I would clear them all and see if it ever comes back

I doubt its an on going problem. If anything check wires and connections and maybe change the sensor. They can get finicky. Ive turned quite a few off for people because of false readings and annoying wiring problems
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(07-19-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  The water in fueo is a maintenance code least severe. No check engine light. I would clear them all and see if it ever comes back

I doubt its an on going problem. If anything check wires and connections and maybe change the sensor. They can get finicky. Overturned quite a few off for people because of false readings and annoying wiring problems

On the flip side, a friend of mine had his truck shut down on him due to water in fuel. Freightliner w/DD15, if I remember correctly the problem was 1 or more bad injector cups leaking coolant into the fuel return (?). Best not to turn that sensor off if you can help it. However, if you clear it and it doesn't come back then move on and don't stress about it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Coolant, just like H²O doesn't mix in to fuel. Water and oil don't mix. Your seperator will catch it and you should see it when you drain the separator. Its really easy to see coolant or water intrusion in fuel. It'll be blobs in the bottom of the fuel tanks.
replyreply
Unless you have a water separator cartridge, like my friend on his freightliner, instead of the clear davco that many of us have.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I have a davco . Filter was changed roughly 2 mos ago and there is no fuel or water in it whatsoever. Its completely dry. No problems starting truck. IDK id think there be fuel or water in there by now?
replyreply
07-20-2020, (Subject: Water in fuel indicator ) 
You can easily trip a wif code 12 times in minutes with the truck bouncing down the road. I've tripped mine 24 times in couple hours

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(07-19-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Unless you have a water separator cartridge, like my friend on his freightliner, instead of the clear davco that many of us have.
You're supposed to periodically drain the garbage out of those along with Davco"s. Thats why there is drain valves on the bottom of the cartridge. Thats when you catch water and stuff coming out of the fuel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(07-20-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(07-19-2020 )JimT Wrote:  Unless you have a water separator cartridge, like my friend on his freightliner, instead of the clear davco that many of us have.
You're supposed to periodically drain the garbage out of those along with Davco"s. Thats why there is drain valves on the bottom of the cartridge. Thats when you catch water and stuff coming out of the fuel.

I love the drain valve on the bottom of my davco... I never run out of hand de-greaser!!!... LOL!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , JimT
(07-20-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  

I've never seen one of those other types, but I believe you. Unfortunately my friend is still in the warranty mentality with his lease purchase. He'll come around eventually... One way or another.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.