Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt
07-29-2020, (Subject: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt ) 
RE: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt
that housing is going to tear up the new plungers... its done for.

looks like you may have caught the issue before it took out the whole engine, but it is toast. == new pump.

that is what i see any ways.

maybe Mr. hag will chime is and give his thoughts on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile
07-29-2020, (Subject: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt ) 
Thanks Rawze. I guess I call Cummins in the morning to see if they have one. I'm starting to think head and all? Hopefully I can return the tappets and barrels I bought.
replyreply
07-30-2020, (Subject: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt ) 
Meanwhile, what do the roller surfaces look like? How about the lobes they roll on?
replyreply
07-30-2020, (Subject: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt ) 
The lobes look ok to me, I don't have anything to get in there with to look closely. I don't see any grooves on them. The roller on both tappets look about the same, some wear. I wrote the numbers down that are on the pump and called the Cummins. The guy I talked to said that with that number he can tell that that pump HAS been changed at some point.

Heres a picture of a roller

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
07-31-2020, (Subject: Pulled fuel pump head and broke a bolt ) 
I picked up a new fuel pump yesterday and got it in today. I just went through Quick Serve to find all the torque specs. If I'm reading this right, it's 25 ft. lbs on the banjo bolts. Is that right? I'm almost there and don't want to break anything else.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.