Extended oil drains
07-19-2020, (Subject: Extended oil drains ) 
RE: Extended oil drains
(07-19-2020 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ... My last isx had 900K before a piston had a hole in it. I had a

That does not typically happen that late in the game unless usually (pick one) ...

* the bottom of the piston got build up with excess oil deposits from not changing it often enough. Easily found upon inspection of the pistons as they come out.

* De-mandate programming with excess injection timing, or some other cause of improper inj. timing like bad timing actuator, etc.

* Over-boosting too often and running the cylinder(s) too lean.

* some other form of neglect.

* Sudden inrush of water or other cool liquid entering the cylinder(s) when they were hot from heave torque applications.

* I have seen this failure from aftermarket EGR coolers that sent too hot of gasses into the intake of the engine because it was not thermally efficient enough.

* partially Clogged oil piston cooling nozzle form oil or other deposits.

-pistons do not burn holes in themselves for no reason just because they are old. A properly cared for ISX does not have problems like that in the bottom end arbitrarily .. it is always the head, rings, or a liner issue due to various causes of abuse that wears out first.

If I owned it, I would have been seriously concerned with that failure so that it can be prevented the next go around, as it should have never happened.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Extended oil drains - Pete1990 - 07-19-2020,
RE: Extended oil drains - Rawze - 07-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.