Extended oil drains
07-19-2020, (Subject: Extended oil drains ) 
RE: Extended oil drains
(07-19-2020 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ... I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna do it if
I wanted to use the gear oil to put the additives back in that gear oil offers. In the last 2 years of owning this truck I have never once gone over 17K oil changes.

what make/model/year truck and engine? .. some related history would likely be appropriate too.

-- Reason why several ppl on here use gear oil is mainly to raise viscosity, as it is well known that slightly higher viscosity oil makes engine last longer. This especially as it ages. - The additives in the gear oil are better than the alternatives (like pukas), as most viscosity enhancer products on the market these days have absolutely no additives leading to a dilute result.

If your just looking for additives to help extend drain intervals, then maybe a good moly additive would be about the only thing that would help extend the drain intervals by a bit, but not by any large margins,.. but then by the time you pay for that, your right back at the same costs of just changing oil more often.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
Extended oil drains - Pete1990 - 07-19-2020,
RE: Extended oil drains - Rawze - 07-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.