Extended oil drains
07-20-2020, (Subject: Extended oil drains ) 
RE: Extended oil drains
(07-19-2020 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ...
The sulfur may hurt the dpf so in the long run you might be doing damage to the doc n dpf.

I have have info on what the sulphur does to the DPF physically. It mostly gets converted to sulphur-dioxide, and that is certainly not good for environment if your burning any oil + have a DPF. Not sure however if it actually causes any real harm to the element itself over time though.

- Maybe some1 who is running gear lube + DPF can take pics and post em here whenever they inspect things or remove it for cleaning, etc... and share the results.

-- In the several years now referencing all the people that I have met myself and have seen (and including my own truck) that run the stuff in their engines, there has been one measurable negative effect so far in these last several years. Some of the rubber gaskets in engines that get old will become slightly softer that typically seen during an inframe with ppl who use gear lube vs. those who do not. - Some could say this is good, but others can say also this is not so good. I know that i ran mine for most of its 900k+ life first go around and it did not cause a real issue with softer gaskets. Now that it has 1.4 million miles on it,.. even if i did see an issue at some point, I can say that at least I got my moneys worth any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
Extended oil drains - Pete1990 - 07-19-2020,
RE: Extended oil drains - Rawze - 07-20-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.