Extended oil drains
07-20-2020, (Subject: Extended oil drains ) 
RE: Extended oil drains
(07-20-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Mixing oils sounds like bad joojo

Yeah that doesn't sit well with me either.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(07-19-2020 )Pete1990 Wrote:  ...
The sulfur may hurt the dpf so in the long run you might be doing damage to the doc n dpf.

I have have info on what the sulphur does to the DPF physically. It mostly gets converted to sulphur-dioxide, and that is certainly not good for environment if your burning any oil + have a DPF. Not sure however if it actually causes any real harm to the element itself over time though.

- Maybe some1 who is running gear lube + DPF can take pics and post em here whenever they inspect things or remove it for cleaning, etc... and share the results.

-- In the several years now referencing all the people that I have met myself and have seen (and including my own truck) that run the stuff in their engines, there has been one measurable negative effect so far in these last several years. Some of the rubber gaskets in engines that get old will become slightly softer that typically seen during an inframe with ppl who use gear lube vs. those who do not. - Some could say this is good, but others can say also this is not so good. I know that i ran mine for most of its 900k+ life first go around and it did not cause a real issue with softer gaskets. Now that it has 1.4 million miles on it,.. even if i did see an issue at some point, I can say that at least I got my moneys worth any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(07-20-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  

It's the same brand Rotella. 8 gallons of the white jugs and 2 of the grey jugs.
replyreply
(07-20-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(07-20-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  

It's the same brand Rotella. 8 gallons of the white jugs and 2 of the grey jugs.

Yeah but your mixing synthetic and non synthetic

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I don't see a problem with mixing synthetic with non synthetic. Its just more expensive than straight non synthetic. But he stated its what he had on hand to top it off with... use it up and make your choice of which one you want to use next time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
The two jugs I added was T5 Rotella 15w40 Synthetic Blend. Correct me if I'm wrong , but that means its conventional and Synthetic pre mixed together? I dont see a problem with that.

And yes Chamber that's what was available. Next time I gotta do a better job of planning, as I live in the country and oil flies off the shelf over here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
This thread is fun! Mixing oil is bad jojoo comment has me dying over here lol.

I remember that one time I argued with Rawze, it was great. I was dead set I could run 5w30 in my 871, I even had a very technical theory (which to this day, makes sense to me) as to why it would lubricate better, Rawze tried to tell me, he really did but I was new here and who the F is this Rawze guy anyways!

Went out and bought a drum of Mobil's most expensive 5w30 (I believe it was a group IV)

2 months later I was doing a Injector cam and I know the cam was good before cause we had just inspected it during a overhead.

How albeit, for work, I had to run the engine at a dead idle for hours a day, not high idle but I was told that thin synthetic would give the top end the lube it needed even during my low idling time. Fucking salesman! Hate them all!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Chamberpains , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys
I remember in 2016 this Rawze guy told me to put gear oil in with my oil, when we replaced a cam in his driveway. I have done so since, and will continue. I seen the results or lack of results when we inflame my motor last year. I do have a brand new OPS bypass system in the garage ( been sitting there for 5 years) I don't know if it will make it to this truck. I change my oil 12k to 15k miles depending on when I'm home. The truck seems to be settling in about 8.1 mpg. Since Loves took over Speedco I do my own oil changes. Just about any auto parts store recycles oil, but usually only allowed to dump 5 gallons a day. I have found Speedco is the cheapest to buy the filters, and Wal-Mart or Tractor supply for the oil ( Rotella). By changing the oil yourself at regular intervals, it might work about the same as extending your oil changes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo , Canadian_eh85
(07-20-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  The two jugs I added was T5 Rotella 15w40 Synthetic Blend. Correct me if I'm wrong , but that means its conventional and Synthetic pre mixed together? I dont see a problem with that.

And yes Chamber that's what was available. Next time I gotta do a better job of planning, as I live in the country and oil flies off the shelf over here.
You are just fine with that. All it matters is that you changed the oil! Something that many people seem to forget.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.