Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank
07-20-2020, (Subject: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank ) 
Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank
./uploads/202007/post_856_1595274062_f1319b2a0f05c459e5e7a5a9cd3aefd4.jpg

Just made a find for kenworth owner's. Can be found on ebay

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-20-2020, (Subject: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank ) 
RE: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank
I ave this one saved on ebay for Volvo. I am curious how they are although I am not in the need of one yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283635696044

./uploads/202007/post_3100_1595288873_ee2821bf978471ec330ba68f7e3e2dcf.png

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-21-2020, (Subject: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank ) 
They make one for prostars also.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Is that an expansion/overflow tank? My pete has a metal tank with a little sight glass. It's a real PITA trying to monitor the level in the tank. All I know is it's either below the glass, above the glass or right within the small window of the glass. I wish I could replace it with a see through plastic tank so I can more easily monitor what is going on without any guess work. Just my 2 cents.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Long ago before all this plastic came into existence, we had the metal coolant reservoir. Part of the driver's daily pretrip inspection, was to check coolant level by removing the cap and looking. Actually looking to see the coolant level, and add if necessary. lol. BTW, if driver doe's not do his pretrip, it actually has coolant sensor on bottom of reservoir.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
maybe use a better sight glass?
https://www.mcmaster.com/6644T411

going all out and using a metal tank would warrant such an extra expense I would think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
People seem to be all excited about these metal tanks but I don't get it at all, I've never had issues with any of my plastic ones ever. Maybe some guys have constant issues, I just don't seem too.

It's everything else under the hood that breaks for me!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
07-22-2020, (Subject: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank ) 
(07-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe use a better sight glass?
https://www.mcmaster.com/6644T411

going all out and using a metal tank would warrant such an extra expense I would think.

I always wondered WHY they never installed that type of sight glass on those metal tanks. I hated crawling up there to check coolant levels, especially in the winter. That moronic little bubble glass was never readable, at least I could never see anything through it. Give me clear plastic.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
07-22-2020, (Subject: Kenworth Metal cooolant Tank ) 
I agree. Much easier to see just what's going on inside that tank. Gas bubbles? Oil floating on top? Can't see that stuff through a little sight glass into a completely dark metal tank.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.