Cm870 low oil pressure
07-26-2020, (Subject: Cm870 low oil pressure ) 
RE: Cm870 low oil pressure
(07-25-2020 )berrytrucking94 Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Why was it sold at 380,000 miles?

I bought from the original owner, came from a small fleet hauling fuel locally for their marina. Sold bc they were updating their trucks

Sounds like local/short haul. Probably a fair amount of idling. Plus the fuel surge can be added stress on the driveline components. It's had a long life despite the low miles. Probably just wear and tear from the type of operation and whatever maintenance schedule they followed. However I would be surprised if there wasn't some connection between that 'adjustable fuel harness' and the injector cam wear. How do the pistons look? Was the ECM tuned by someone or is that it's factory tune? If someone else did it you may want to have someone on here look at it to make sure it's safe.

I see your point about only replacing some of the parts. If other components are in such good shape then why replace them? BUT, at over 650k and the fact that you've already put in the labor to take it apart, it might be more cost effective, long term, to do it all now. Otherwise you know you'll have to go back in at some point because those original components will eventually wear down. It's a judgement call, but I think I'd go the extra mile once I was that deep in. That's my opinion, but I'm no authority on this topic.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm870 low oil pressure - JimT - 07-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.