Vibration under acceleration
08-07-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
RE: Vibration under acceleration
Definitely reflash the ECM and have the injectors overhauled if the symptoms remain. Genuine ReMan injectors from Cat are garbage. If you can afford the downtime, have them rebuilt by an expert.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cat6nz
(08-07-2020 )03maxpower Wrote:  I wouldn’t even take it there. Get ahold of mommaburt and go from there. It will survive till he can fix it.
Been driving like that for a while trying to be easy on it, i did pm unilivers, will try to find mommaburt as well, im in chicago area if some one is around me please pm im ready to take my truck to someone who really know what he is doing
replyreply
(08-07-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Definitely reflash the ECM and have the injectors overhauled if the symptoms remain. Genuine ReMan injectors from Cat are garbage. If you can afford the downtime, have them rebuilt by an expert.
thank you for the advise thats my plan for now just dont know any good tuner in chicago area, never tuned a truck before, even now im trying to bring it back to stock
replyreply
08-08-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
(08-07-2020 )cat6nz Wrote:  
(08-07-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Definitely reflash the ECM and have the injectors overhauled if the symptoms remain. Genuine ReMan injectors from Cat are garbage. If you can afford the downtime, have them rebuilt by an expert.
thank you for the advise thats my plan for now just dont know any good tuner in chicago area, never tuned a truck before, even now im trying to bring it back to stock

No NO NO! You do not need a tuner! You need to take that truck to a licensed CAT dealership and have them install the proper programing on that ECM. You already have a tune on there, and it is a well known tune that destroys motors! You have one of the better, if not best CAT motors they ever made, FIX IT! Sorry for yelling... Call CAT again, make an appointment, let them install the proper factory file. If the ECM blows, it blows. The price we pay when messing with programming.

As far as Unilever, they are not taking any new customers, doing very little if anything here anymore. I spoke with Uni a couple of weeks ago, and that is what he told me.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cat6nz
(08-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  

No NO NO! You do not need a tuner! You need to take that truck to a licensed CAT dealership and have them install the proper programing on that ECM. You already have a tune on there, and it is a well known tune that destroys motors! You have one of the better, if not best CAT motors they ever made, FIX IT! Sorry for yelling... Call CAT again, make an appointment, let them install the proper factory file. If the ECM blows, it blows. The price we pay when messing with programming.

As far as Unilever, they are not taking any new customers, doing very little if anything here anymore. I spoke with Uni a couple of weeks ago, and that is what he told me.

I still have an appointment this monday with a cat dealership but im not very positive taking my truck to those computer head, have some bad story in the past, im trying to find a good tuner not to tune the truck for to flash the file back to factory, or that stock file is something that only dealers have? Tia
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(08-08-2020 )cat6nz Wrote:  
(08-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  

I still have an appointment this monday with a cat dealership but im not very positive taking my truck to those computer head, have some bad story in the past, im trying to find a good tuner not to tune the truck for to flash the file back to factory, or that stock file is something that only dealers have? Tia

For the correct file, I would only trust a CAT certified dealer or shop. The odds of your ECM bricking are probably pretty slim, unless it is already on its last leg.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
08-09-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
surprised no one ever had this experience before,
replyreply
08-09-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
not a cat forum mainly cummins.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
08-11-2020, (Subject: Vibration under acceleration ) 
You right on that but concept is the same for all engines, i went to cat and they very positive that my problem is the tune, same like all you guys thinking but they were asking 800$ another cat in pa asking 400$ going there this monday and see what happens.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.