Need help please 2014 to 2016 Mx 13 vs Cummins isx reliability
08-07-2020, (Subject: Need help please 2014 to 2016 Mx 13 vs Cummins isx reliability ) 
Need help please 2014 to 2016 Mx 13 vs Cummins isx reliability
Hi I’m needing help big time I’m looking at buying my first emissions and ELD Peterbilt between 2013 to 2015 Paccar mx13 vs Cummins ISX15 is go with Cummins but I need reliability and heard that the fuel pump can go out and blow the whole engine to injector and can problems and more and can’t find hardly anything on the reliability of the mx13 Paccar engine I need reliability I know the Cummins will our pull the mx13 but I’m needing to know about how reliable the Mx 13 is compared to the ISX15 Cummins thanks again
replyreply
08-07-2020, (Subject: Need help please 2014 to 2016 Mx 13 vs Cummins isx reliability ) 
RE: Need help please 2014 to 2016 Mx 13 vs Cummins isx reliability
Well ISX you can fix with a regular set of hand tools and half a brain maybe even no brain with all the info on this site. MX13 good luck. but in all reality Cummins or MX13 it could make it 10 miles and blow its guts out all over the road or go 300,000 miles without an issue this is trucking if you dont plan on being able to afford fixing the truck then you dont need your own truck to be quite honest and should only be a company driver because if you cant do your own work then a company driver is going to make probably double what you will per year. this isnt a spend 30-50k truck and set it and forget it industry and it will eat you alive without a second thought if you cant fend for yourself.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Waterloo
My main cinders is reliablility because I got the money and know how and I’m getting the extended warranty for engine and all the emissions but is the Mx13 have the problems the Cummins does I have the money and all that but if ur smart I’d rather not spend it and make the best miles per gallon so I’m looking for help on if the Paccar is more reliable the the isx Cummins or not and I’m doing just fine as a owner operater thanks for your concern
replyreply
(08-07-2020 )Cummins5555 Wrote:  My main cinders is reliablility because I got the money and know how and I’m getting the extended warranty for engine and all the emissions but is the Mx13 have the problems the Cummins does I have the money and all that but if ur smart I’d rather not spend it and make the best miles per gallon so I’m looking for help on if the Paccar is more reliable the the isx Cummins or not and I’m doing just fine as a owner operater thanks for your concern

reliability is a matter of perspective... any of these modern emissions engine that is severely neglected is going to have issues... MX, Paccar, Detroit, Cummins, etc.. and so far all your concerns for the red cry-babies that you have mentioned so far is mostly caused by sheer neglect and abuse ... so you are asking about reliability,.. but your question is severely flawed. --- you should be asking yourself what is the long term operating costs vs. how much you are willing to go out of your own way to maintain your equipment and learn to turn a wrench on it to replace and do the minor to medium maint for whatever equipment you end up owning... because if all you want to do is hold a steering wheel and run off to every OEM certified stealers$it every time you get a check engine light -- like the rest of the complete morons out there in trucking,.. then you're better off as a company driver -- don't matter what engine or equipment you choose.. you're doomed if you can't knuckle down and learn how to work on your own stuff and learn HOW TO OWN EQUIPMENT vs just holding the steering wheel all day and being a dumb s#it!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , schISM
doing just fine as an O/O yet your here worried about stuff that doesnt matter like an ext warranty and reliability there is no reliable engine they all have problems

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Do your Homework, don’t buy a MX13.
Once you realize you are the only person you can rely on to the job, you’ll hate the MX.
Cummins have there issues, but the support and computer access is an undeniable advantage
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , Cummins5555 , Waterloo
any engine, or truck, is only as reliable as the person maintaining it.

*** The biggest difference between Cummins and any other mfg is that Cummins publishes all the information you'll need to work on and maintain that engine without incurring fees to access that info. As Rawze said, if your just gonna pay dealers and shops to do all your work then it really doesn't matter which engine you choose.

As for thee 2010 and newer ISX fuel pumps, just spend a few hundred $ every 350,000-400,000 miles to replace the components in the pump head and you will be fine. Other than that do an EGR tuneup every 150,000 miles and stay on top of the other scheduled maintenance provided by Cummins and you will be fine.

And stay away from 3rd party/aftermarket engine components, programming and other gimmicks. The ISX will perform exceptionally well without anyone messing around with it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Cummins5555 , Waterloo
Thank you JimT rawze wasn’t great help yes I can work on it and yes I maintain my equipment way better then needed Bc I don’t need to break down on a load all that bs a sit I thought y’all would actually help me in a descision I’m use to my pre emissions engines I was wanting to know what engine is most reliable so if the isx is completely maintained I should be good on it? Or wat y’all like talking $$$$ I came here for help not to be talked down too I love the Cummins but if the Mx 13 is more reliable then I should go with it other then JimT no one has given me some real info on the matter at hand which is a more reliable engine y’all want to act like super truckers I thought this place was to help truckers not talk $$$$ so give me useful info or none at all thanks again JimT that was useful info I’ll use
replyreply
(08-07-2020 )JimT Wrote:  any engine, or truck, is only as reliable as the person maintaining it.

*** The biggest difference between Cummins and any other mfg is that Cummins publishes all the information you'll need to work on and maintain that engine without incurring fees to access that info. As Rawze said, if your just gonna pay dealers and shops to do all your work then it really doesn't matter which engine you choose.

As for thee 2010 and newer ISX fuel pumps, just spend a few hundred $ every 350,000-400,000 miles to replace the components in the pump head and you will be fine. Other than that do an EGR tuneup every 150,000 miles and stay on top of the other scheduled maintenance provided by Cummins and you will be fine.

And stay away from 3rd party/aftermarket engine components, programming and other gimmicks. The ISX will perform exceptionally well without anyone messing around with it.

Thank you JimT you have been the only one to try and answer the wuestion and give good adviceunlike other ppl that think wer here to be talked down too I just want too know what engine should I go with I am use to pre emissions engines and just want the most reliable engine not the most powerful and yes I do maintains my engines better then anyone should I change everything usually with in 15,000miles but still just scared of the Cummins which I have always loved Bc of the stories I have heard but thanks again for actually helping not talking $$$$ and not helping at all
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.