Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
09-26-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
Gonna explore the fuel issue as soon as possible...

Unfortunately I blew a drive tire on the way home and I'm still waiting on the road service guy to get out here. Didn't have many choices for tires. Closest place that I found that had our national tire account was a TA an hour away. Called it in at 5:15pm, said it would be 3.5 hours before they get here... well, it just hit 4 hours and he JUST CALLED to say he's leaving the shop now!!! !@#$#@!@#$#@!@#$ To top it off the "best" tire they had in stock (with the national account) was a Bridgestone M726EL. I guess it'll match up just fine with my 7 other mix and match recaps that the dealer had on here when I bought the truck 2 years ago. I'll probably wait till the spring and look at replacing all 8 drives, keep the M726EL as a spare. Tread depths of the other 7 are all between 7/32 and 9/32.

Probably the worst part is the damage it caused. Blew off the front half of my full plastic fender, bent the 1" 10.9 steel bolt that holds the fender bracket to the frame and destroyed the steps on one of my new step boxes. "Luckily" the steps absorbed the impact and left the box itself 99% undamaged.

Haven't made a yet dime since the end of July. They almost didn't approve the tire purchase because I owe Landstar for 8 weeks of normal deductions (mostly insurance/trailer rental). Boy, a trucking business sure is fun!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - JimT - 09-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.