Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
09-27-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
(09-27-2020 )schISM Wrote:  
(09-26-2020 )JimT Wrote:  One final thing, not sure if it's related, but I noticed yesterday that the fuel level sending unit seems to be going bad as the fuel gauge started bouncing around randomly. Maybe it's time to just replace the sending unit, vents and all the tank fuel supply lines.

If the fuel being returned to the tanks is aerated enough the bubbles will sink the fuel level float causing your fluctuating fuel levels. But you’d really have to be sucking ALOT of air. On a side note, what’s your egt’s running loaded with 30psi boost in a sustained pull?

Don't have a pyro gauge, plus I keep my boost to about 20-22psi max on a pull, dropping gears as needed. Gauge is on the to-do list, along with plenty of other things. My only concern recently was making sure the system worked properly after sitting for 6 weeks and reassembly.

The fluctuations in the fuel level are definitely not aeration. When the gauge sweeps between 3/4 tank and 0 then back, or drops to and holds at a level you know is wrong, it's pretty clear there's an issue with the electrical signal. Kinda like the sweeps the gauge will make on modern truck start-up. I'm assuming it's the sending unit as it fits symptoms I've seen described. It's also very intermittent, I could go days without it happening, then it'll do it on and off for a couple minutes and then more days go by.

As for tires, I wouldn't buy recaps either. But it was hard to justify replacing the existing tires for the past 2 years without a concrete need. Now they are getting to the point in their life where it makes sense and I can better afford it now that my business is better established.

In the 2 years I've owned this truck these tires have performed well. Only 1 flat, back in Feb the first time I went to Rawze's house. No bad wear, they ride nice and this now make my first blow out. Oddly enough it comes less then a week after leaving Rawze's house... Uh Oh, I see a pattern here! :dodgy:

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - JimT - 09-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.