Another starting circuit question
08-12-2020, (Subject: Another starting circuit question ) 
RE: Another starting circuit question
The starter relay is usually a micro relay, it's in one of the fuse boxes if you have one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
08-16-2020, (Subject: Another starting circuit question ) 
RE: Another starting circuit question
Well 9yrs2mos, 784k and my OEM Mitsubishi starter finally quit. Actually the starter was still spinning like a mad dog, but the solenoid failed so it just spun and wouldn’t engage the ring gear.
Anyhow, I walked to the closest shop and got the only starter they had for my rig. A “Made In Mexico“ Delco 39MT. Of course I paid a premium too, as I could have gotten the same starter 1/3 cheaper online, but I needed it now.
I walked back to the truck and changed it out. Thankfully I pulled the old Mitsubishi awhile back at my brothers shop and anti-seized everything then slapped it back on, so it wouldn’t be to hard to change with hand tools on the road. Took about 2.5hrs to do the job. (Not including the walkabout)

We’ll see how well this Delco compares to the Mitsubishi. I doubt it will last half the time but who knows.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.