axles with tapered retainers that are hard to remove....
08-10-2020, (Subject: axles with tapered retainers that are hard to remove.... ) 
RE: axles with tapered retainers that are hard to remove....
My Volvo has those bastards too! I HATE them! They have been a thorn in my side now for 9 years. What I have learned is to replace them every time you pull an axle. They are cheap, you can get them at fleetpride. Also I put a bit of anti seize on them so they cannot rust in place. I don’t have the tiger tool, but I use a mid size air hammer and a blunt bit. Bring the nut out flush with the end of the stud and vibrate it with the reciprocating hammer until it pops the cone loose. They will actually start to walk down the stud toward the nut and you can grab them. It is not a fast process but better then the sledge hammer which was how I did it for years. My axle ends look like holy hell because of it. Anyhow, I’ll check out that tool. Everything I have from Tiger tool has been badass! Thanks for sharing Rawze!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: axles with tapered retainers that are hard to remove.... - JMBT - 08-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.