crank case pressure
07-25-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
RE: crank case pressure
I have another truck with same engine and specs wreked last month, I purchased it from my insurance company and I am thinking to swap the engines, I might completely rebuilt this one later.
replyreply
07-25-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
(07-25-2016 )tariqzai Wrote:  I have another truck with same engine and specs wreked last month, I purchased it from my insurance company and I am thinking to swap the engines, I might completely rebuilt this one later.

Sounds like a plan. Wreck, head gasket, boy you're gettin it from all sides.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
07-29-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
Update!! Few days ago I added some head gasket sealant to the coolant, I drove about 1400 miles after that, 700 under a very light load and 700 empty, did not need to add any coolent, also the coolant stays static in reservire now, I inspected crank case filter and it was clean except few drops of oil at bottom of case, no sign of water or colant in it, I had drilled hole in new filter so filter looked pretty untouched. I think the problem is fixed for the time being, I did the exhaust gas test again and it came negative too. The only worry I have now is I think the pressure in reservire stays more than normal, it takes longer than normal to get pressure released when taking the cap off, even if truck been sitting with engine off overnight.
replyreply
07-29-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
The problem is not solved it just got worst.
Here is how the sealant is working: small particle of saw dust or mustard powder circulate in cooling system will deposits in any place where flow is slow. AC Heater core, radiator, coolant passages from block to the head, EGR cooler.
Owerheated spots will kill engine in short time.
replyreply
07-30-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
Head gasket sealant goop/crap might be fine for some redneck pick-up truck but is a very bad thing to do on a commercial diesel engine that someone needs to make their living with.

SOLVE THE PROBLEM CORRECTLY!@@ --- FIND THE DAMN LEAK, AND FIX IT!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I know it's not a fix but my situation is different, I have another engine that I can put in this truck, bought my wrecked truck for 8k with same specs so I want to use the engine till it dies then pay for tow and get the other engine miunted, thus will cost no more than 4k while fixed the headgasket means my 8k investment brought no fruit.
replyreply
I bet he never considered that goop he poured in will eventually clog/gum up the the radiator, the heater cores(both), the water pump, the thermostat, the oil cooler, coolant flow through the injectors, the passages in the turbocharger, the EGR cooler, the air compressor, leave a nasty film on the liners, and possibly the core in the transmission if it is water cooled too.

I guess the term that people say on here "Jumping over a dollar to save a dime" comes to mind real fast.

I wonder if he calculated a new turbocharger and all those other components into it "swap" theory and the fact that whoever ends up with those parts down the road,... will end up with a bunch of gummed up junk.

I know that everyone else reading this thread knows damn well that the most likely scenario will be that some other poor bastard will end up with all these failing gummed up components after they end up on e-bay, wondering what the hell went wrong when they fail.

His situation is that he seems to be running a trucking company like someone would manage a junk yard. I see low profits, lots of breakdowns, and eventual failure in their future.

All one can hope for is that no one else has to suffer the consequences of someone who does these types of things with such a short sided attitude in the end.
replyreply
Like I said my situation is different than what could financially cost to someone else in this case, I have all the expensive stuff you mentioned already bought for 8k plus a 13 peed tranny, two rear ends and everything except sleeper cab, hood, fenders and some other cosmetic stuff. Fixing the headgasket would cost upto 10k, since the wrecked truck and the one with bad head are the same, in fact these are one after other in vin serial number as well, i opt to let this engine run till something happens, worst case be 2k tow bill plus labor to either get the whole engine with everything you mentioned installed from wrecked truck or just take the whole sleeper cab , cosmetic parts and put it on the rolled over truck. I have cut the valves shut for heater lines to the cab to save the heater core in case I decide to swap cab. I will be a happy camper if I can get 125k miles from this engine, it has 625k now, the rolled over has 723. Will keep you posted in either case so you would know how long the engine fought with that basically stuff. As far asyour concerns of this truck being sold to someone I can assure you this is not going to happen, I have two dead soldiers, a 2009 Columbia and a 2007 Volvo sitting in my yard for two years due to EGR and DPF issues and still have enough room for this engine to live in peace there as well.
replyreply
08-08-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
Ok can anyone tell me where this is located, instead of going to a shop ,
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.