crank case pressure
08-08-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
RE: crank case pressure
I'm wondering what he did to the other 2 trucks, that are in his bone yard?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
12-25-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
Update!! After using that coolant sealant truck ran fine for about 48k miles, now pushing coolant through the radiator tank exhaust valve, will only push coolant when idling at high RPM, I noticed that when I started a park regen and coolant was pushed so hard that it was falling on hood of truck parked next. Truck has now about 694k miles, like previously mentioned I have another engine of same specs, mechanic is asking 3500.00 labor for the swap, that engine has 725k miles, need an advice if I should go for engine swap or just fix the issue, or just use that sealant again and see if I can get another 50k.
replyreply
12-25-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
(12-25-2016 )tariqzai Wrote:  Update!! After using that coolant sealant truck ran fine for about 48k miles, now pushing coolant through the radiator tank exhaust valve, will only push coolant when idling at high RPM, I noticed that when I started a park regen and coolant was pushed so hard that it was falling on hood of truck parked next. Truck has now about 694k miles, like previously mentioned I have another engine of same specs, mechanic is asking 3500.00 labor for the swap, that engine has 725k miles, need an advice if I should go for engine swap or just fix the issue, or just use that sealant again and see if I can get another 50k.

To me it seems the more you don't fix a problem, the more damage that your causing the engine to have. 1 rule your truck is your work horse, and the truck is making you money, why not fix the horse that helping you make money instead of slowly killing the work horse

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
12-26-2016, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
When mine did the very same thing, forcing coolant from the tank, and landing on the truck parked to mine. It turned out being a bad head gasket. I would at least pull the head, and make an informed decision, based on what you discover. I really believe you will need to replace the head, and probably both cams But before you pull the head, find out if you have a bad engine air compressor, or a bad egr cooler.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
01-23-2017, (Subject: crank case pressure ) 
in reference to the hole in the crankcase filter, how long this hole has to be?
1) just in on side
2) from one end to the other end of the filter

I could see how wide the hole should be but not how long

can someone please help me
replyreply
(01-23-2017 )tmctrucking Wrote:  in reference to the hole in the crankcase filter, how long this hole has to be?
1) just in on side

Just a hole through the outer layer of black plastic like in the picture. Personally, I put 2 of them side by side myself using a 1/2" drill bit. No need to penetrate the paper element at all.
replyreply
(01-23-2017 )tmctrucking Wrote:  in reference to the hole in the crankcase filter, how long this hole has to be?
1) just in on side

There is a drop in replacement for that filtered unit, the new one is what you want, Cummins finally got a clue, NO FILTER. Buy this new "filter" once, and forget about it!

I tried to find the part number, but no luck. Call your local Cummins shop, they can hook you up, it is around $50, I run one, as do many here. Drop it in, and forget about it. I think Speedco and TA sell them. Just ask for the new model without the filter.
replyreply
(12-25-2016 )tariqzai Wrote:  Update!! After using that coolant sealant truck ran fine for about 48k miles, now pushing coolant through the radiator tank exhaust valve, will only push coolant when idling at high RPM, I noticed that when I started a park regen and coolant was pushed so hard that it was falling on hood of truck parked next. Truck has now about 694k miles, like previously mentioned I have another engine of same specs, mechanic is asking 3500.00 labor for the swap, that engine has 725k miles, need an advice if I should go for engine swap or just fix the issue, or just use that sealant again and see if I can get another 50k.

I hate to say this, but welcome to the club... In Frame "bitch" or swap and deal with the same issue in a few months. 600 to 800,000 miles is the limit on these motors, if you are lucky... Did I just say that? LOL! Welcome to the club. ;-) Still licking my wounds. And you can call me a white man, I will not take offense. ;-)
replyreply
(12-26-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  When mine did the very same thing, forcing coolant from the tank, and landing on the truck parked to mine. It turned out being a bad head gasket. I would at least pull the head, and make an informed decision, based on what you discover. I really believe you will need to replace the head, and probably both cams But before you pull the head, find out if you have a bad engine air compressor, or a bad egr cooler.

In frame baby... You always say that... :-) LOL! I wish you were right... Drinking beer in the garage with a sick jeep right now... Howard, call me! LOL!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.