DPF differential pressure
08-13-2020, (Subject: DPF differential pressure ) 
DPF differential pressure
So I like to keep and eye on my regen history. I have read that 3hg means your due for a clean/bake or replace of the DPF and or DOC. Is this correct? mine is currently in the 1.5 to 1.7hg range, so just trying to get an idea of when I am gonna need a bit of maintenance to these.
replyreply
RE: DPF differential pressure
(08-13-2020 )RHeller11 Wrote:  So I like to keep and eye on my regen history. I have read that 3hg means your due for a clean/bake or replace of the DPF and or DOC. Is this correct? mine is currently in the 1.5 to 1.7hg range, so just trying to get an idea of when I am gonna need a bit of maintenance to these.

Yep, that is correct, how many miles on the cans, or hours since the last bake? Is it a DPF or SCR? Do you do regular EGR tuneups? You get up there in the 3's it's time, me I would rather catch before it gets there.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
1.5-1.7 isn't bad. How many hours is it going between passive regen's?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Everything is running great, I was just trying to figure out when a bake was gonna be needed. I just bought the truck in the spring after dealing with Volvo emission issues for over a year. There is currently 177k miles on it. appears to be regenning every 25 hours. This is a PX-9(Cummins ISL). I think cummins calls for a cleaning between 200k and 400k for this engine, so I look to be right on par. I did an EGR tuneup last march when I purchased the truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
08-14-2020, (Subject: DPF differential pressure ) 
(08-13-2020 )RHeller11 Wrote:  Everything is running great, I was just trying to figure out when a bake was gonna be needed. I just bought the truck in the spring after dealing with Volvo emission issues for over a year. There is currently 177k miles on it. appears to be regenning every 25 hours. This is a PX-9(Cummins ISL). I think cummins calls for a cleaning between 200k and 400k for this engine, so I look to be right on par. I did an EGR tuneup last march when I purchased the truck.

You sound like you have a handle on this, just keep an eye on the pressures, along with servicing/inspecting the SCR system on a regular basis, if it has the SCR system, and you should be good. Myself, I like to be proactive, I would just bake the cans every year or 18 months, whatever the manufacturer suggests, and just keep an eye on the pressures. That way you control when it goes into the shop.

And the EGR Tuneups, I would do those yearly, at least pull the sensors and inspect, I replace if they are dirty. Just a fact of life on these emission trucks, even on the deleted ones.

The SCR Doser seems to be an issue, they get crystalized up if they sit too much and will leak, defeating the system. So a regular inspection is in order.

There also may be a spin on urea filter cartridge on there somewhere too that needs regular servicing...

One thing I would do, is install the Amsoil oil bypass kit to help clean the soot out of the motor. Amsoil is pretty much the go to remote oil filter kit, as it is inexpensive when compared to other kits and is pretty straight forward on the install. Most of us here run Shell Rotella oil, so this is not an advertisement for Amsoil. You can use any spin on oil filter that will fit the Amsoil unit.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.