2010 KW T660 abs control module location?
08-21-2020, (Subject: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location? ) 
2010 KW T660 abs control module location?
Anyone have any idea where to find the main electrical control module in a 2010 KW t660? I need to run down a short or a shorted module and don't really feel like gutting the truck to find this thing. Any help would be appreciated. Its a Bendix system. The bodybuilder .pdf I have says it's near the transmission. I don't see any control modules anywhere on the outside of the truck. The truck was built 7/2009
replyreply
RE: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location?
On my 2013 they are mounted under the cup holders, by the floor. You may be able to take the ashtray out or pop the cup holder out and shine a light in there to see before taking that cover off. I believe there were 4 screws, 2 behind each ashtray on the trim and clips holding the cover on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Moose
I do not know if the chassis node controls anything in the ABS system or not. Mine had water in one of the plugs and the pins on the board rotted off. There’s 3 plugs on that and all shaped differently. Just for information purposes, in case anyone has to unplug these things, you’ll find a colored plastic like band, probably blue, yellow and white. Lift last up to about 90 degrees or more, it’s a latch to keep the plug tight.
replyreply
Meanwhile is correct. On the b-cabs the ABS module and the CECU are stacked behind the cup holders. You may have one or more chassis nodes. The first should be inside the frame rail, on the drivers side around the trans area.

If it's an ABS issue take the panel down above the clutch pedal where the 9-pin is mounted. There is a J1708 junction block specific to the ABS that can get wet if you happen to have water leaking in through the mirror, mirror wiring or windshield. Don't ask me how I found that one.....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Meanwhile
10-15-2020, (Subject: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location? ) 
Figured I'd post a pic of where this ABS module and the CECU is on this KW. Moose was 100% right about Meanwhile being right. I found the ABS control module under the cup holders. In the picture its in the shelf under the CECU. 2 or 4 screws and the whole shelf comes out. My problem wasn't in there but I did find 4 fuses for the CECU in there and they were tarnished pretty bad. So I replaced the 3: 10 amp fuses and 1: 15 amp fuse. They seem to mess with the dash cluster and dash lights. Its good to know that they are down there incase the dash goes screwy.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile , Rawze , Mattman
10-15-2020, (Subject: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location? ) 
Thank you for sharing your fuse find! I may take a look at mine soon to see if can find fuses too. Every so often the lighting in a couple of gauges goes out and later back on, usually fuel and voltage.
replyreply
10-16-2020, (Subject: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location? ) 
I noticed a few if the gauges where lighted separately as I changed the fuses. They are worth a look and to clean a crevasse that hasn't been seen probably since assembly.
replyreply
10-16-2020, (Subject: 2010 KW T660 abs control module location? ) 
(10-16-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I noticed a few if the gauges where lighted separately as I changed the fuses. They are worth a look and to clean a crevasse that hasn't been seen probably since assembly.

PACCAR (pete and KW) cabin controllers are flaky as all h#ell.. dash gauge lights some on, some off... or will not turn on at all (or off), and other ghost issues are common them. It is flaky softare in them.

Whenever they do this weird stuff, disconnect all of the truck batteries for 30 minutes to completely kill the cabin controller and force a hard re-boot. - This usually clears up a lot of issues with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Towing99

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.