Change RPM Parameters
10-27-2023, (Subject: Change RPM Parameters ) 
Change RPM Parameters
I have noticed that my 2350 will only rev out to around 1500-1600 RPM's and won't go any higher. If I want to make it to where my RPM's will go up to 2100, is there a change in parameters for that in Isnite? I've also noticed that 70 is my max speed, so if I change my max speed to say 80 will that also allow me to rev out more? I just didn't know if changing the speed would fix it all or if I needed to adjust my RPM's as well. I normally run light and 65 for fuel economy and just noticed today that I couldn't go over 70
replyreply
RE: Change RPM Parameters
Does it allow you to rev higher in a lower gear?..
replyreply
It could be gear down protection or other governor/limiter settings.

Are you sure it is not because there is something wrong with the engine?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-28-2023, (Subject: Change RPM Parameters ) 
The only other time I've noticed it is when I go from 6th to 7th on a small decline going to my house. If I don't catch it just right and shift just before or at 1500, it'll climb up to about 1700 but won't go any further.

(10-27-2023 )ZeDx32 Wrote:  Does it allow you to rev higher in a lower gear?..
replyreply
I'm not sure if there is something wrong or not, last time I was hooked up to Insite, no codes or issues were seen. I just got home from Detroit last night so I'll hook up to Insite and see if there is anything. I'll look at the parameters and see what they say. I don't play around with the parameters if I don't know what they do, afraid of messing something up

(10-27-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  It could be gear down protection or other governor/limiter settings.

Are you sure it is not because there is something wrong with the engine?.
replyreply
I hooked up to Insite and saw that gear down protection was on and was set to:
-Gear Down Maximum Vehicle Speed (Heavy Engine Load) 58 mph
-Gear Down Maximum Vehicle Speed ( Light Engine Load) 54 mph
I disabled Gear Down Protection and also noticed that Load Based Speed Control was set to 1650 RPM's. Insite wouldn't let me disable this one so I just set it to 2100 RPM's. Hopefully this solves my issue. Thanks for your replies and info.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.