Firewall Hole on Prostar
08-23-2020, (Subject: Firewall Hole on Prostar ) 
Firewall Hole on Prostar
I'm looking to route some video cables thru the fire wall for a camera system. Does anyone know where there is a hole thru the cab to the hood area? Im also open to any any ideas, I dont want drill an excessive amount of holes.
replyreply
RE: Firewall Hole on Prostar
On the passenger side under the hood, where the AC system is located. You can drill a hole in the firewall near where the dryer sits, just below where the radio antenna cable exits the interior of the cab. You take the kick panel off and you should be able to easily get your hand in there. I have quite a few wires through that spot without issue. Just remove the kick panel prior to drilling, there are other wires in there. You can pretty much judge where it will be best to drill.

This is what I used, drill a pilot hole and go slow.
https://amzn.to/2Qw76gB

You can get rubber grommets that will fit the hole you drill if you take your time.
https://amzn.to/3gmZw2d

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
thanks, I did see that spot. I was going to just remove the antenna mount, but i cannot get to the nut that holds it in. I don't have antenna hook up.
replyreply
Take a look on the drivers side on the engine side. There is usually a plastic piece. Sort of a diamond shape. Near the brake valve. Has multiple points that can be drilled for a pass thru.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
08-24-2020, (Subject: Firewall Hole on Prostar ) 
my 2011 prostar has a rubber passthru on the drivers side where lines go straight through. I cut some X's in it to pass some wires through.

Where are you mounting your cameras? I mounted 2 of mine to the mirrors and ran the cables through the door and out the mirrors. I can post pics if you'd like.
replyreply
That would be helpful. I'm mounting two cameras on the hood, one on each side. I'll have 2 cameras left, thinking about mounting one facing forward inside the cab. Ill have 1 left, don't know where I'm going to put it. My system can handle up to 8 cameras.
replyreply
Give us a link to the camera system you are using.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
https://www.dashcam.co/collections/all
replyreply
(08-24-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  https://www.dashcam.co/collections/all
Do they provide software to review recordings? PITA to transfer video. Video quality is so-so, CCTV system. The pro is 10 days video.
Ihave similar from china, two mounted on the mirrors and one looking front. If you mounting front camera inside you need to turn off infrared illumination or you will have huge glares from windshield reflection. To turn infrared off, open the camera and unplug connector to infrared circuit. Camera is sensitive enough to record at night with headlight only or truck stop illumination.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.