Firewall Hole on Prostar
08-24-2020, (Subject: Firewall Hole on Prostar ) 
RE: Firewall Hole on Prostar
I have one of those. I hope you're good at soldering as both my head display units burned out. The second one I kept and dismantled. Their capacitors are low quality and had ruptured from heat. I replaced all three that power the cameras and put 2 20 mm fans on the back to blow air into it to help cool them. Also be warned that qualcomms do not like them. It blocks the GPS signal AND causes error messages.

I had placed 1 on each mirror facing rearwards and 2 on each A pillar by the windshield facing forwards. I see all around the cab with the exception of about 6 feet on each side.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
My Chinese 1080p setup was 1 on each cab extension looking back,1 in cab facing forward and one on top of cab looking over my flatbed and a 7in TV with HDMI for display mounted above the cb pocket so I could view all 4 in 2x2 format in my lonestar. Haven't got it setup in the new truck yet.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(08-24-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  I have one of those. I hope you're good at soldering as both my head display units burned out. The second one I kept and dismantled. Their capacitors are low quality and had ruptured from heat. I replaced all three that power the cameras and put 2 20 mm fans on the back to blow air into it to help cool them. Also be warned that qualcomms do not like them. It blocks the GPS signal AND causes error messages.

I had placed 1 on each mirror facing rearwards and 2 on each A pillar by the windshield facing forwards. I see all around the cab with the exception of about 6 feet on each side.
Was your DVR with GPS and live trucking? It's spy machine because you never know to whom it
sends video. \
Simpler is better.
But soldering skills required anyway because you have to cut wires to pull them thru the holes. Not really rocket science.
replyreply
No, just a dumb camera system with a 64 gb memory card. No GPS, no connectivity.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(08-24-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  No, just a dumb camera system with a 64 gb memory card. No GPS, no connectivity.
Then how it was interfering with QC? Was thinking cell signal or GPS. I have it for 4 or 3 years no any problem. The box sitting in tight place, no overheating or anything. Display working well to. Just don't put it on the dashboard or cover with something from direct sun.
replyreply
Yes they provide software and give you a micro SD card to record on. Supposedly 1500 hours before it loops. Also get a Landstar discount. I keep that in mind if I put a camera inside the cab.
replyreply
All I can guess is it's RF interference. If I have my gps screen pulled up on the QC and I put the falconeye anywhere within 3 feet of it I can watch the gps signal go from 9/10 satelites 3-D mode to 2/3 satelites and 2-D mode with a orange light warning for vehicle in motion malfunction if I drive the truck. I moved the camera system to the bunk and the QC works fine.
replyreply
Do you have the same system?
replyreply
I don't know which you have...that link just shows all their products...The one I have is https://www.dashcam.co/products/multi-ca...4091769958
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.