Another oil question
07-20-2016, (Subject: Another oil question ) 
Another oil question
I'm curious what the jury thinks of this oil. The company I am contracted to has changed oils and is now using this in their company trucks. I know it's Delo, which should be a thumbs up. But, it is a 10w-30, which I know is a thumbs down.

I know being a 10w-30 oil and talking about it is blasphemy around here, but figured I'd ask the jury. I can get it for under $8 a gallon, which is the cheapest oil around. I know pinching pennies is silly when it comes to my engine, because I'll probably end up paying more in the end. But I have to ask. I figured with the 10w-30 maybe use two gallons of gear oil in the summer and one gallon in the winter. I only run in the northeast, so I deal with your typical 80-90 degree day in the summer and your below 0 in the winter. Another idea I was also thinking maybe run Rotella 15w-40 (with gear oil) in the summer and this (with gear oil) in the winter? I change the oil every 12,500 miles, which for me is about once a month.

They are also using this for gear oil.

Does this have the "good stuff" to use in my engine? Or just keep it in the rear diffs?

And this for transmission oil.

Once again, good to use in the transmission? I saw a list once around the internet that showed the approved oils in a eaton-fuller trans. But I have yet to find it again. I have a FRO-16210C transmission.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Another oil question - Billdozer2 - 07-20-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.