Chopped tires
10-11-2020, (Subject: Chopped tires ) 
RE: Chopped tires

replyreply
(08-25-2020 )Magard Wrote:  Looks like alignment to me. I just made my own laser alignment tool Kinda like md alignment. They say to set the rears a half inch out of straight to counter the road slope. ( half inch measured at the front tire) they also say no positive castor at front right tire. I have a different idea then most alignment shops that I know of so I made my own way. Laser alignment shops with there fancy “it’s in spec.” Print outs could create this wear. What does the front tires look like.

Front tires are wearing perfect.. goes down the road straight...
replyreply
That lower spring tapping the leaf above it is normal. Its just the design of the spring coiling over at the spring bushing. Its sort of an upgraded design from the earlier year Internationals that would snap the lower spring leaf.
replyreply

I think you want a 2587984C91 anti rattle kit. 1kit does both springs on one axle.
Kit is called out in NAV 2 docs iK0500013 and TSI-05-03-03 This will quiet it down. Note this kit does not last forever. Couple years ususally../uploads/202010/post_3838_1602457963_366b308810858ab08d2c84781e0af7db.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
tires are getting hard to come by especially 24.5s since chinas production had shut down and also other countries.

no truck tires are made in the USA anymore according to my tire guy was telling me that he has seen the same brand and model tire sets where the tires were made in 3 different countries from the big name brands. according to him BFG and Mich are typically the best tires for getting a round tire but even their not perfect. even both of my brand new mich xlines have 1 high spot each that he had to adjust for. the first 2 mich xlines he put on had 3 spots on one and 2 on the other that he took right back off and told his supplier to bring him 2 more.

also i would get lugnut gaskets for aluminum rims mounting against steel as it creates alot of galvanic corrosion with the 2 different metals against eachother which then creates a loss in surface areas and even though its not really visible but the surface loss will make the tires mount a bit wobbly at high speed.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BreakOnThrough
(10-11-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  no truck tires are made in the USA anymore according to my tire guy was telling me that he has seen the same brand and model tire sets where the tires were made in 3 different countries from the big name brands. according to him BFG and Mich are typically the best tires for getting a round tire but even their not perfect. even both of my brand new mich xlines have 1 high spot each that he had to adjust for. the first 2 mich xlines he put on had 3 spots on one and 2 on the other that he took right back off and told his supplier to bring him 2 more.

My Bridgestone R284 and Firestone FD690 Plus are both made in the USA. I did send in a R284 for radial pull, but that can happen with any tire I guess?
replyreply
i meant to say almost no truck tires my bad. some companies change where their tires are made by whos offering the best molding prices at the time.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.