ISX High Oil Temp
08-25-2020, (Subject: ISX High Oil Temp ) 
ISX High Oil Temp
Have a 05 KW quad Dump truck with an ISX. Been having a stop engine issues here as of month or so, last week took it to the shop to get the computer hooked up. It said the fuel pressure at low idle was around 240 and at high 280 said causes of that one would be the fuel pressure sensors. I changed the 2 of them this weekend. The issue happens when loaded and generally pulling a hill although it has happened one time empty it was a long highway ride at higher speed which for the gearing in this truck is around 67. Ran good most of the day but last load sure enough red stop light engine I forgot to say soon as you pull over and stop it will go out sometimes for a couple hours sometimes for a min. Take it right to the shop no fuel pressure codes, does have oil temp higher then normal operating range it says causes low oil level I just changed it this past weekend so doubt that one oil temp thermostat or oil cooler. He did run the truck at high idle for around 5 min coolant temp stayed about 184+- oil temp started at 220 within the 5 min was at 239 Is it worth replacing the thermostat or should the whole cooler be replaced? anyone ever have an issue like this. what do y'all think

thanks
jamie
replyreply
RE: ISX High Oil Temp
I don't think it throws a stop engine light for low fuel pressure, just a check engine light until the pressure returns to normal. The oil temp though will throw a stop engine light. I would start with the oil thermostat as it is the easiest to replace. To do the oil cooler requires pulling the turbo, water pump inlet manifold and egr cooler along with all the lines on that side.
replyreply
Is this a CM870?

A sign of bad delete programming often involves seeing higher than normal oil temps. Is it de-mandated? --if so, by who? .. just throwing this out there as one possibility.

280 on the fuel pressure sounds about right. - it could be dropping off because fuel is getting hot?

when is the last time the rad was cleaned out really well, air filters changed, and engine tested for CAC and other air related leaks?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
08-26-2020, (Subject: ISX High Oil Temp ) 
If the engine doesn't have an EGR delete then change the thermostats for both coolant and oil.

If it is an EGR engine with a non factory ECM file then it definitely needs to be checked out aswell.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.