isx after treatment
08-25-2020, (Subject: isx after treatment ) 
isx after treatment
maybe this has been discussed before,what if particle filters were removed? just run a regular muffler, but still use the exhaust temperature sensors, this would be on 2008 isx cm871,would this help do away with all the pesky codes,would the motor still operate as it should, would the ecm think every thing is normal?

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
08-26-2020, (Subject: isx after treatment ) 
RE: isx after treatment
You wouldn't be able to trick the system in that way. Those filters are constantly calculating pressures differentials (inlet and outlet) and if you left everything as it is and inserted a "straight pipe" (muffler or otherwise) style replacement it wouldn't be able to properly calculate and thus throw more codes.

The other issues and perhaps even more stressful, when DOT looks under your truck and they don't see what they know should be there...Then you have larger issues to deal with than after-treatment fault codes.
replyreply
(08-25-2020 )skunky Wrote:  maybe this has been discussed before,what if particle filters were removed? just run a regular muffler, but still use the exhaust temperature sensors, this would be on 2008 isx cm871,would this help do away with all the pesky codes,would the motor still operate as it should, would the ecm think every thing is normal?

EPA requires programming inside the ecm to detect any types of tampering... if that ECM does not see the soot build up and then have to be burned off ... and see it properly being burned off later ... then it will absolutely know it has been tampered with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
all stuff necessary to reprogram yourself to demandate it is on internet & is free if u just go lookin for it.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
K thanks for info! Does EGR cooler build up with soot and need to be cleaned

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
(08-26-2020 )skunky Wrote:  K thanks for info! Does EGR cooler build up with soot and need to be cleaned

maybe at 450k or 500k miles, it is not a bad idea to remove it and clean it out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.