SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13
08-30-2020, (Subject: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 ) 
RE: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13
On quickserv, SPN641, FMI7 comes up as ...

Cummins Fault Code 2387 - VGT Actuator Driver Circuit (Motor) - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment. The smart VGT controller has detected incorrect stop limits, or the VGT is unable to move to the closed position.

=-=--===

The code is usually indication that the turbo is going bad and is hanging up, but ...

First and foremost .. you say your truck is de-mandated (deleted). --- This is a massive red flag #1 all in itself, regardless of turbo errors. More than 90% of all de-mandate programming is absolutely horrible out there, and there is no telling what sorts of terrible garbage that someone might have done inside your ecm. Most delete programming will absolutely tear up and severely shorten engine live and/or shorten the life of (or kill) the turbocharger after a while.

-- Q. number 1 would be ... who/where did the de-mandate?

-- Q. number 2 would be ... What was done to the exhaust, egr, and other mechanical systems on the engine and exhaust?. Improper mechanical mods for a de-mandate can certainly tear up the turbo and/or the engine just as badly after a while.

-- Q. number 3 would be -- Do you have a datalink adapter and Insite? -- and if not WHY NOT? .. as these modern engines require their owners to have a way to communicate with them unless you just simply want to give all your money away all the time.

-- Q. number 4 Do you have a quickserv account?.. if not, go sign up for it ... it is free, and gives you access to all related info about your engine including all fault codes, troubleshooting, diagrams, and even procedures on how to rebuild and repair it.

---------------------

- My first suggestion is that you stop guessing and stop giving money away to other people needlessly ... find yourself an adapter off e-bay for a few hundred bucks and get yourself a used laptop and pull that program out of that ECM yourself ... e-mail it to me for review so that at least you can verify that the program you have is not destroying your engine and/or its turbocharger. Does not matter how smooth or well you think it might be running... most deletes are downright damaging to the engine after a while. Never guess or make assumptions unless you know 100% what you have in there, and not only that, you should absolutely have a personal copy of whatever mods/program is in there in case it ever gets lost or some repair shop decides to flash the ecm during troubleshooting.. that way you are never at the mercy of the whoever made your program.

-- NEXT would be to pull apart the exhaust and ensure it is 100% hollowed out (assuming you live in a country that allows such mods ... *cough* ). - MOST of these shops have all sorts of false promises but in reality they are mostly piss=-poor and do not do the job properly. After a while, not properly hollowing out the exhaust 110% empty, etc. destroys the turbo or even worse, destroys the enigne. Still others do not bother to properly/fully hollow out the SCR canister (on the 2250, 2350 and newer trucks) 100% because it is a lot of work to remove it, cut it open, hollow all its guts, and then weld it back shut when finished. This leads to all sorts of engine and turbo failures after a while.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

Messages In This Thread
RE: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 - Rawze - 08-30-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.