Installing Solar on the truck...
08-31-2020, (Subject: Installing Solar on the truck... ) 
RE: Installing Solar on the truck...
(08-30-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  I've ran my high end laptops off dirty wave for 5 years neither have had an issue but that is probly because they are battery driven for most part current one has a 250watt brick of a power adapter as it powers a Nvidia GTX 1080, i7 8th gen, 17inch 1440p 144hz screen. But a pure corded computer might no fair as well granted my TV has never had an issue.

just depends on the device as to how much dirty power they can handle. Wife purchased a crock-pot that had some nice digital timer features on it one time and tried to use it in the truck. We had the tripp-lite ... about 1 minute after plugging it in .. even before she turned it on... the damn thing caught fire and it took all we had to ghet it ripped out of the truck as the plastic and everythign was in flames, it trying to burn the rest of the truck to the ground.

-- Taking it apart later, I found it has a noise filter capacitor across the mains.. before any internal fuses. -- that capacitor could not handle the partial sine-wave and got so hot, it caucht the plastic on fire.

-- I shortly removed that tripp-lite after that and replaced it with a pure sinewave inverter again like we had prior. ... no problems like that since.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing Solar on the truck... - Rawze - 08-31-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.