Installing Solar on the truck...
12-17-2020, (Subject: Installing Solar on the truck... ) 
RE: Installing Solar on the truck...
(12-13-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  My trick to stop unwanted battery draw was to take the items I use when parked off of the accessory switch and draw direct from the batteries. When I park, everything is off except for what I need, no need for the key to even be in the ignition. I have been parked for almost a week now, the APU is off, and the solar has kept everything up to snuff in regards to the batteries, saving fuel as the solar is working as intended.

Rewiring as you describe is on my long list of To-Do's... Eventually. Lots of other, more important things to do first. I also want to gut and redesign the interior of my 48" mid-roof sleeper, so I'll probably tackle the rewiring at the same time. (It's a remodel for functionality, not aesthetics. Lots of broken/missing stuff and wasted space) Figure I'll make a separate branch off the batteries for the inverter and all the sleeper DC electrical and espar heater. Then I'll have 2 cut-off switches, one for the sleeper, one for the rest of the truck. Finally I'll have my inverter wired to take in AC shore power, pass through to the sleeper and charge the batteries. Really, the only thing stopping me right now is time, and over a foot of snow outside ;)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing Solar on the truck... - JimT - 12-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.