Trailer service check valve
09-01-2020, (Subject: Trailer service check valve ) 
Trailer service check valve
I was making a delivery this am in Little Rock, Ar, and I kept kept hearing a air leak when I applied the brakes. After some searching I found it by applying the parking brake in the truck, and pulling on the trailer brake (the one by the steering wheel). The service trailer valve was leaking, closest stealership was Kenworth 1/4 of a mile away. At first I was thinking the whole assembly would need to be replaced. I got the truck to the truck stop across the st from Kenworth, and I walk over there with pics of what needed. The parts guy sold me a check valve same part number as mine, but the international uses a quick disconnect on the bottom from the truck side. Kenworth is threaded. For the 45 dollars I went ahead and bought it, and the parts guy threw in a 5/8 brass compression fitting. I got back to the truck and was looking at the check valve on the truck. I put a the biggest wrench i have with on it, And it spun. Those trailer valves can be taken apart. I use only the top half of the valve and was able to use the quick disconnect already on the truck.
The only thing I can find wrong with the old one is the rubber bladder wore out, and got a hole in it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , JimT , barf
RE: Trailer service check valve
Mine went bad a couple years ago... I just cut a piece of rubber the same size and type best i could and put in it. It has been good ever since.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Trailer service check valve
That is what I figured. I kept the old parts and going to make a spare. Just wanted to put it out there that you don't have to go to International.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.