Davco Fuel Water Separator
09-03-2020, (Subject: Davco Fuel Water Separator ) 
Davco Fuel Water Separator
After all the continued hell Ive had with mine I thought Id post this in case any of you have this FWS on your truck.

Davco gives very specific instructions to install new filter to prevent fuel related issues. My guess is that 99.99% of all Prevent Maintenance Oil Change locations dont have a clue how to do this correctly. I know mine doesn’t and they won’t install mine again!

Hope it helps someone else.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202009/post_3209_1599181419_9a21e135f96f89fe2e9a21d7a8aa2384.jpeg./uploads/202009/post_3209_1599181454_9a892e5a935ac2fcbadf7945782e24ce.jpeg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze , 74bassman , Waterloo , Toolguy
09-04-2020, (Subject: Davco Fuel Water Separator ) 
RE: Davco Fuel Water Separator
Great info... I have my Davco wrench in the side box, I think I will start taking care of this myself.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
09-04-2020, (Subject: Davco Fuel Water Separator ) 
Yes I was quite surprised when I read this and then started thinking about how those PM shops do it...not even close.
replyreply
09-05-2020, (Subject: Davco Fuel Water Separator ) 
They forgot to mention using vasoline on the plastic threads of the main retainer nut to prevent galling of the plastic over time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
Out of curiosity how do the shops do it? I haven't let one touch my truck in years.
replyreply
All the oil change shops I've gone to pretty much all do it like the directions. Including myself. Except filling the bowl to the top and cracking the top screw till the fuel level goes down to 1" above the bottom of the bowl. I fill it about half way and cycle the lift pump twice, then fire it off.. it finds its own level mark on the filter. Usually about an inch up the bowl... so ya, I was curious what exactly you guys are seeing done thats different.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Toolguy
09-08-2020, (Subject: Davco Fuel Water Separator ) 
Just had my truck serviced over the weekend, picked it up yesterday. This morning as im driving I get a message on dashboard telling me * WATER IN FUEL* ? Opened hood and filter is brand new and a little bit of fuel in it. Thoughts?
replyreply
Crack the drain on the bottom of the davco. Maybe you have water in there. Those sensor also go bad and sense water when there is none. Check wiring too. A couple a avenues to run down for you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , amermextrucker , Toolguy
Drained the bottom 3 hrs ago. Code still came back , not at the moment ( 1500) its gone. Its been raining like hell out here in the greater Chicagoland area last few days. Moisture maybe?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.