Truck won't turn left
07-21-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
RE: Truck won't turn left
(07-21-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Nobody has messed with the alignment of these trucks

Where should I get a power steering cooler at for these trucks

Yes I run only approved dexron atf in all these trucks.

How could the steering shaft be binding?

Check that shaft u joints are accepting grease and the needle bearings aren't rusted or broken, that means pulling the shaft and cups to inspect. If you do that replacing them isn't a bad idea. It could also be another u joint or knuckle in the steering column binding, it does happen. You will hear a clicking sound while turning the wheel.

Summitracing.com , small trans cooler and some high quality 2 wire teflon lines, braided stainless.
A line collapsing is something I would be sure wasn't happening before adding a cooler.

Is it possible the fluid is contaminated? Other than that it may be time to change the steering box.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
when i was in the crude business, one of the 2012 peterbilts i managed had the same problem. the mechanics replaced the steering gear box and that fixed the problem.
replyreply
(07-21-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  If it was an issue turning right I'd tell you to quit hiring race car drivers.

Nice sir
replyreply
07-23-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
I've seen this exact issue. Sporadically won't turn left. Except we had it on two different Freightliners. One was a 2013 Cascadia and one was a 2015 Cascadia. Both had the steering box replaced and fixed the issue.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
07-24-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
I had a problem like that with my W900. Check the upper knuckle in the steering shaft from the steering box to the cab. The bolt that go through it was to long and sometimes it would catch a angle coming from the firewall
replyreply
07-24-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
I have an '09 T800(Wide Hood) that has an OEM power steering & fuel cooler in one that mounts under the CAC directly to the rad frame/cage. It is not the full WH width and may mount directly to your rad frame/cage as well. If you wish to investigate further I'll PM you my VIN and you can take it to the dealer and see if it crosses to yours. You don't "need" to use the fuel side if you don't want or need a fuel cooler. I bypass it every winter.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.