A/C questions
07-22-2016, (Subject: A/C questions ) 
A/C questions
Guys, I'm still learning this stuff about air conditioning so please bear with me. I picked up a charging unit for a real sweet deal and decided to tackle a older N14 truck.The compressor was toast so I replaced that. It also had a ruptured line on high pressure side. I used the 134A and charged it but the compressor would not start.
I used a jumper to the compressor and it took right off.
After I charged the system, I removed the jump and it still won't go. I tested high and low pressure switch and still nothing. A/C blows cold while jumping.
Fuses are good. Is there a thermal switch or somthing?
I still haven't tested the switch on dash eather.
It's a 1990 international. Thanks.
replyreply
07-23-2016, (Subject: A/C questions ) 
RE: A/C questions
I can't remember exactly but on my 2000 9900 I had to replaces a control on the firewall , it was a black box with I think 4 lights on the side . It would turn the green one on for working and ect. If I remember correctly we switched it out with a new one to trouble shoot . But I know I cut the wire and jumped it across before the model and it would work . I will be home Sunday night and take a pic for you . If you follow the wires back on the compresser you will find it . I think drivers side firewall Apad control is what it's called if you have one. If you google it ,it will tell you blink codes ect
Hopes this helps

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
07-23-2016, (Subject: A/C questions ) 
RE: A/C questions
Never mind. Lol. I figured it out.
It was the high pressure switch. But the relay was burnt out so I replaced that and the compressor wouldn't shut off.
I don't know what I was thinking. I tested the switches with the compressor powered by jump. Lol. Newbie mistake I guess, but it's all good now. I just got excited to use this new charging unit befor researching. Thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.