Truck won't turn left
07-20-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
RE: Truck won't turn left
(07-20-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  You won't be able to duplicate the problem in the shop . This thing happens only when the power steering fluid get overheated. Ones cool down little bit everything goes back to normal . The only solution I know of is installing an suitable cooler on the return line .

If it is only happening with two drivers (my bad, two trucks!)... But, I bet they are cranking the steering wheel into a full lock and holding it, in turn over heating the pump. The crap I see out here in Detroit in these tight docks would blow your mind. These guys do not know how to back, much less do it correctly, and most are in day cabs. I could tell you stories!

Has it only happened leaving certain facilities? Someplace that is a bitch to get in and out of? We still hit places designed for 40' 96" wide trailers, backing into buildings no less with little room to maneuver... Some guys beat the shi#t out of the PS and Transmission backing in, especially when heavy.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Truck won't turn left - Waterloo - 07-20-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.