Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today.
09-03-2022, (Subject: Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today. ) 
Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today.
Hi, I own three trucks with CM870 and CM871. I am studying and learning on forum and other sites and yt, quickserve, etc. all I can about engine operation and maintenance. I like to work on my own trucks light to medium difficulty problems (cam swaps, overhead adjustments, turbo maintenance, etc).

Now I am trying to learn to do EGR and DPF Deletes and on the process of gettgin a good toughbook, Insite, Calterm to make some tests with some spares ECM I own.

Common practice here (Mexico) from technicians that charge $$$ for making Deletes are just installing Incal calibrations from latin american countries that for that year had no EGR or DPF installed on their trucks.

As I understand from what I have read from Rawze's technical discussions (EGR educate, MM, @m*m^2, MM for cm870) and other forum members this maybe is not enough and adjustments and changes should be made also on Calterm. Am I correct?

Two of my CM870 I bought them six years ago with block plates on the EGR intake and exhaust but no adjustments or deletes on ECM. One of them had to make an inframe last year because excess blowby was making a mess. The other one made a hole in the block eary this year so I need to address that so it won't happen again.

So, long story short, even if I pay a local technician to install a CM870 calibration with no EGR, or a CM871 calibration with no regen, adjustments still has to be made on Calterm? I asked him about Calterm and he doesn't even have it, and I believe that is common here so I am willing to invest my time and money so I can learn and maybe in the future could help other colleagues locally.

Any info about the subject would be appreciated!
replyreply
09-03-2022, (Subject: Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today. ) 
RE: Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today.
(09-03-2022 )El_mavi Wrote:  ...
Common practice here (Mexico) from technicians that charge $$$ for making Deletes are just installing Incal calibrations from latin american countries that for that year had no EGR or DPF installed on their trucks.

That is actually a lie. ALL of those factory programs keep the EGR itself active.

The problem with them also is that they are made for different injectors, and different hardware too. It is not a proper solution at all, and none of those programs have the right injection timing, etc. in them for actually plating off/bypassing the EGR.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
... and if your trying to learn how the programming works.. well, you need to first learn how the ecm works. You also need to know how the engine works too. after-all.. IT IS AN ENGINE YOU ARE WORKING WITH.. NOT A COMPUTER!!!.

JAIL-BREAKING THE COMPUTER AND ASSUMING THE ECM HAS SOME MAGIC FAIRY DUST IN IT TO RIGHT ITSELF IS NOTHING BUT A FOOLS FANTASY.. AND CAUSES THE ENGINE TO SUFFER A SHORTENED LIFESPAN AND HAVE REPEATED FAILURES IF THINGS ARE NOT DONE EXACTLY RIGHT!.

If you don't then you will just be editing things blindly and making really bad programs just like all the other morons on the engine tuning sites.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-04-2022, (Subject: Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today. ) 
Thanks Rawze, that’s what I thought. Just was curious about it because I remember when cm870 Isx got to new trucks in Mexico years ago they had no Egr, and same year across the border in USA they had. So I was curious what would happen if you use a calibration for a non Egr cm870. And today I was on a colleague yard and met a technician and asked him what he was doing to a truck there, he told me he was deleting the Regen system by applying a mexico truck calibration and asked him if he used calterm and he said no.

Of course there is a lot to learn and I am planning on doing it step by step, on my own trucks and on spare ecm’s. There is a lot of good info on forum and it’s a good practice to always keep learning. Specially when it’s for our own business.

I appreciate your answer and anyone that joins the post. Have a good one!
replyreply
09-04-2022, (Subject: Latin America Cals for EGR/DPF Delete? Heard of that today. ) 
CM870 related info can be found on the forum here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid53580

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.