CM871 Turbo on CM2250
09-07-2020, (Subject: CM871 Turbo on CM2250 ) 
RE: CM871 Turbo on CM2250
(09-07-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-07-2020 )Aleeex Wrote:  Well I did the best I can to clean things up, I think the bolts behind the compressor wheel are leaking. They have those little washers with rubber inside and I’m guessing they aren’t sealing. Cleaned them up and put some gasket maker on both sides of the little washers and put it all back for now. Those little bolts are m5X.8 if anyone is wondering.

I dont recommend anyone to be doing what I am doing.

Going to be ordering a turbo.. maybe the yts stage 2..

If you removed the impeller ... (first pic) ... unless you precision marked not only the nut install but the exact original impeller position, etc.. AND the exact amount of torque it was held on by ... then, if you don;t get it exactly back in exactly the same position... impeller AND NUT.... then your turbo is now out of balance and it can fly apart at high speeds without any warning whatsoever.

That could be very, very bad and cause you to destroy your entire engine without any warning.

so ... NO... I do not recommend anyone even attempt to remove, loosen, or even adjust on the impeller(s) on a turbocharger on their own.

Yes, anyone reading this must understand the risk. And shouldn’t do it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM871 Turbo on CM2250 - Aleeex - 09-05-2020,
RE: CM871 Turbo on CM2250 - Aleeex - 09-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.