Quick disconnect connector
09-05-2020, (Subject: Quick disconnect connector ) 
Quick disconnect connector
I didn't want to start another Prostar ac thread. I just got the thermomistors kit, and it comes wire with a quick disconnect. The last time I had these replaced the shop just cut the connector off, and just used butts connectors. I want to use the connector incase I have to replace again.
Does anyone know where I can get the female part for this?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-06-2020, (Subject: Quick disconnect connector ) 
RE: Quick disconnect connector
I think this is what you're after..the female end...it's just the empty connector so you'll need the spades and retainer...or ebay that part number and order one as a kit

https://www.customconnectorkits.com/12052641
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
Just so you can do your own Google search, the part your looking for is called a Delphi metri-pack 2 pin female connector.

There are entire kits for sale online and many parts stores have them. I usually start out buying the big $100-$200 kit and replenish it what I need to when I use up certain ones.

Since being on this site I've made sure I've learned what every type of connector and thread type is called that I see pop up. Its a game changer.

I keep contemplating on starting a thread on what certain connectors and fittings are called. This is probably the biggest hurdle I've had to jump when repairing things. It is down right a road block, must detour time when I can't find the name of a type of connection. Then as with anyone else I go to what I know and the ugly fixes begin.... if they would just simplify what things are called, the repair systems and the techs could at least have a shot at quickly getting the proper connector and replacing just that. And not just going to expensive OEM pre-made lines or entire harnesses or cutting off and doing the "ugly fix"....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman , JimT
(09-06-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Just so you can do your own Google search, the part your looking for is called a Delphi metri-pack 2 pin female connector.

There are entire kits for sale online and many parts stores have them. I usually start out buying the big $100-$200 kit and replenish it what I need to when I use up certain ones.

Since being on this site I've made sure I've learned what every type of connector and thread type is called that I see pop up. Its a game changer.

I keep contemplating on starting a thread on what certain connectors and fittings are called. This is probably the biggest hurdle I've had to jump when repairing things. It is down right a road block, must detour time when I can't find the name of a type of connection. Then as with anyone else I go to what I know and the ugly fixes begin.... if they would just simplify what things are called, the repair systems and the techs could at least have a shot at quickly getting the proper connector and replacing just that. And not just going to expensive OEM pre-made lines or entire harnesses or cutting off and doing the "ugly fix"....

That would be a huge help if you know this about these Delphi Connectors. I stumble upon the ones I need most of the time by accident, and it is darn near impossible to find the correct one without an exact name or actual part number. And the kit you found the most useful, could you post that? I have the Weather Pack kit I bought from a local parts store, it works, but I much prefer the Delphi plugs.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Thanks, for the responses. Starting a thread with what these connectors are would be helpful. Also if they need to be pin, Instructions on how to do it.
replyreply
Delphi makes weatherpack. Metri-pack is just another version of their connectors.
replyreply
09-08-2020, (Subject: Quick disconnect connector ) 
I'd love to see a thread or web page with information and pictures of the different connectors. Not just wiring either. Lots of different things on these trucks that isn't easy to identify unless you've seen/learned about it in the past.

If a forum thread isn't sufficient for the information you want to share, I might be able to help with a dedicated web page.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
the problem I cant seem to organize about doing it in topic form is the actual organization of it. Especially when people start throwing in new stuff. I suppose a couple different topic headers like "wire connector names" "plumbing connector names" would suffice and then let it be whatever it becomes.... as long as the main things are covered up front then the more obscure things can be well.... more obscure still.
replyreply
In other forums (specifically tech related) the person who starts a thread will reserve the first post (and sometimes the second and third) for aggregated/updated information.

So, what happens is you have a thread and the owner will constantly update the first post with the important information gleaned from later posts. The same goes for posts 2 or 3. Sometimes a different person will grab one of those and perform that same function. A lot of times the information isn't duplicated in the first post, but rather linked to from there.

It works good, so long as someone, be it the OP or a secondary poster, is willing to spend the time updating the thread. This helps keep relevant info easily accessible from the first page of a thread without moderators needed to keep discussion limited or on topic. I've seen threads grow to over 500 pages and still be active and useful using this manor of organisation.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.