Hood strut rod
09-06-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
Hood strut rod
Anyone have a go to on the hood strut rodor whatever they call it.

2015 Kenworth T660

Mine decided to break today. The Google prices of $250 or more dollars is not looking good.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
09-06-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
RE: Hood strut rod
maybe a pic of it?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-07-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
Try these guys, and yes, I realize it is a hood strut, this is where I bought mine, $79 for a ProStar, https://www.truckspring.com/AboutUs.aspx

Or FleetPride...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
09-07-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
Here is a couple of pictures.

Waterloo I checked on Michigan spring they have them for a T680 but doesn't list a T660.

Will call fleet pride in the morning. Some folks were off today. Not me, I have to labor on labor day.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
09-08-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
(09-07-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Here is a couple of pictures.

Waterloo I checked on Michigan spring they have them for a T680 but doesn't list a T660.

Will call fleet pride in the morning. Some folks were off today. Not me, I have to labor on labor day.

you could always resort to using a steel cable set to the correct length if necessary. Just don't let the hood slam open and you'de be fine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze I did think about a catch cable.

Found a sticker on my old one. Called company that makes them. Can't sell one of those to you.
Called Rush Peterbilt, that's a good part number, but we can't get one. Kenworth only part.

Called MHC Kenworth $300 plus. Dang.
Found online from a dealer in Ohio. $258 shipped to my house. Just think there is two of these strut rods on my truck. When you get into that proprietary stuff you are at their mercy.

replyreply
(09-08-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Rawze I did think about a catch cable.

Found a sticker on my old one. Called company that makes them. Can't sell one of those to you.
Called Rush Peterbilt, that's a good part number, but we can't get one. Kenworth only part.

Called MHC Kenworth $300 plus. Dang.
Found online from a dealer in Ohio. $258 shipped to my house. Just think there is two of these strut rods on my truck. When you get into that proprietary stuff you are at their mercy.

the shock-absorbed part of it is basically to prevent the average dummy form slamming the hood open all at once instead of carefully/gently opening it on their own. For the price of $600+ for the pair, i would have made a cable, and just have been mindful to always open the hood slowly so it does not slam open ... that is why I mentioned it above. - if you have other ppl driving the truck though... keeping with the shock would likely be the better solution.

It might also be possible to adapt a less expensive spring-loaded type cable like seen on older trucks too... just a thought.

replyreply
09-09-2020, (Subject: Hood strut rod ) 
Those struts come in all different shapes and sizes, I would think that finding one similar would not be that difficult. I wonder if an outfit like Parker would carry them? They are the automation guys, it might be worth making a call or visiting one of their stores if you have one nearby.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.