Which sensors tell ECM to start regen, CM2250
07-20-2016, (Subject: Which sensors tell ECM to start regen, CM2250 ) 
Which sensors tell ECM to start regen, CM2250
Hello to all! I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2012 Volvo with an ISX15 CM2250. Through the grace of Rawze,(Thank you, thank you, thank you) and his you tube videos, I have been able to stay out of the shop for 540,000 miles now.
Would love to delete....but i am in the communist state all the time.

Anyway, just a quick question for today: Can anyone tell me which sensors are responsible for telling the ECM to start a regen? I know the DPF Delta P, but are any others involved, or allowed to signal the start?
Thanks in advance.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Which sensors tell ECM to start regen, CM2250
(07-20-2016 )JMBT Wrote:  Hello to all! I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2012 Volvo with an ISX15 CM2250. Through the grace of Rawze,(Thank you, thank you, thank you) and his you tube videos, I have been able to stay out of the shop for 540,000 miles now.
Would love to delete....but i am in the communist state all the time.

Anyway, just a quick question for today: Can anyone tell me which sensors are responsible for telling the ECM to start a regen? I know the DPF Delta P, but are any others involved, or allowed to signal the start?
Thanks in advance.

The ECM does math to determine a lot of it. It assumes the soot build-up according to multiple sensor feedback and how the engine is running (estimated soot production) too.

i Pm'd you my number

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Which sensors tell ECM to start regen, CM2250
I'd think that the temp sensors would play a role in it. DPF in and out temp sensors, DOC inlet temp, IMAP for monitoring boost psi for regens. If you've watched the video on doing a regen on insite that Rawze has made... all those sensors probably play a role in the process. Good question on which ones can signal the ECM to start one though. My guess is the dpf diff is the key player due to it monitoring the differences in pressure between the two points. Inlet and outlet temp sensors might signal a start if a tolerance threshold is exceeded between the two??

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.