2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP
10-18-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
RE: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP
they just put a screen filter in the pump so i wouldnt take it as a gaurentee to stop from engine destruction but i guess...atleast they tried? lol

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT
10-18-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
And it still tears apart the motor, just not as bad... LOL!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
10-19-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
The Pump Head had already been replaced at some point as it did not have the Ceramics in it, but one of the plungers was sticking. Originally was just going to rebuild pump head but then when got a look at the cam in the actual pump was eat up. Fortunately this is not my truck and the owner I am trying to help does not want to look at other possible issues.
You can lead a horse to water but..........

Will go thru the cummins trouble shooting process and update for info for others later. Already have a check valve coming for the fuel rail at the rate of fuel psi fall off is an educated guess that is the issue.
replyreply
10-21-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
Pulling what little hair I have out... Catch up - Replaced to the updated Fuel Pump and converted Fuel Lines etc. But when test drove and would accelerate truck would die out and lose power and throw Fuel Rail Pressure code.. Afterwards it still badly failed the Fuel Pressure Leakage Test losing 10K psi in 1 Min.... So

Replaced the Fuel Relief Chk Valve.
Ran the Fuel Leakage Test and it passed hardly losing any PSI at all
Proceeded to run Leakage Test the 2nd time and 45 sec in Insite stopped the Test stating High Fuel Pressure Detected

Truck idles Great , I can hold the accelerator at Diff RPM and runs fine. When i get to 1600-1700 range truck will flutter and fall on its face.

Digging into trouble shooting but wanted to throw this out there in case anyone had experienced anything similar or had an idea....
replyreply
10-21-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
Also being familiar with 870 / 871 and 2250/2350 still learning.

The fuel pump is mechanical for 2250 was / is there a need for any type of calibration update?
Also i did run a Cylinder Cut out Test - Passed
Attempted to Run Injector Perf Test - Immediately fell on its faced and died when the ECM shot fuel to it.
replyreply
10-22-2020, (Subject: 2250 Dreaded Fuel PUMP ) 
(10-21-2020 )Smooth Wrote:  Also being familiar with 870 / 871 and 2250/2350 still learning.

The fuel pump is mechanical for 2250 was / is there a need for any type of calibration update?
Also i did run a Cylinder Cut out Test - Passed
Attempted to Run Injector Perf Test - Immediately fell on its faced and died when the ECM shot fuel to it.

What it is the exact code(s)?

Just make sure your ecm calibration is up to date (latest one from cummins) and that it matches your engine and truck exactly. After that, Start checking the drain lines, there is a blockage or restriction in the drain somewhere.

You also did not mention what make/model truck it is. Some Volvo trucks have been showing some sensitivity to the excess drain line pressure codes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just did an injector performance test on my 2250, Wow. If I walked by a shop and heard the commotion that my poor motor went thru on that test, I’d yank my truck out with out even asking for an explanation.
Wide open throttle on and off many multiple times for each cylinder with no load. Just goes to show you how idiot proof these motors have become when set to factory settings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
(10-22-2020 )redbeard Wrote:  Just did an injector performance test on my 2250, Wow. If I walked by a shop and heard the commotion that my poor motor went thru on that test, I’d yank my truck out with out even asking for an explanation.
Wide open throttle on and off many multiple times for each cylinder with no load. Just goes to show you how idiot proof these motors have become when set to factory settings.

First time I ran that test I was just as surprised as you. But after a while you settle in with the rhythm of it.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.