Fault code 2754 - CM2250
09-16-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
RE: Fault code 2754 - CM2250
(09-16-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  How much did it cost you in downtime? Were you making big money while you stop moving freight to drive it to and from appointment times at the shop and they seemingly blindly throw parts at it? How does your company bill them for the time they are working on it?.... are you starting to see the down side and not so "lol" part of having blind trust in these stupid OEM shops and the "warranty" that are murdering your company all with a Cheshire smile and false promise that they'll pay for it? I can't be certain for your company but mine can't make a dime while shitte repair facilities have the work horse of my company locked shop bays "for free"....

Learn how to diagnose and repair this thing yourself from here on out and make them pay for what you properly diagnose is actually wrong with it.

Guess I should be more detailed. Only time my KW has been down is last October with a clutch, unfortunately I can’t get under this plastic truck. Turbo, dpf, doc boxes/filters were replaced BEFORE I bought the truck. I have personally replaced all the sensors, doser, egr valve, throttle valve, etc myself. I run this truck on containers about 2k miles a week and home everyday. Good friend has a 9000k laptop so he helps me with hooking it up. Unfortunately he can’t do the recorded regen so I did pay the OEM shop 197.00 for that but it was sent to Cummins, not an oem shop. I am 100% in agreement that shops rip you off, I have 3 trucks and countless stories on the other 2.
replyreply
personally, I would not trust em to hold the wrench... I have seen the work of OEM repair shops countless times.. I would not let em touch my truck even if they were giving the work and parts to me for free and paying me by the hour to wait for it.

If I bought a brand new truck... and 2 days later the engine blew up in it ... I would rebuild it myself before I would let the OEM stealers$it or truck dealer touch one damn screw or bolt on it.

What everyone here is trying to tell you is that the reason you have countless stories on your other 2 trucks and have nothing but issues with the third as well... is the fact you are taking it to the OEM network of complete idiots!. - You will go broke + it will put you out of business by trying to cash in on all the "free" repairs and relying on them, simple as that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Cummins actually came out with a TSB on those sensors, they need to be mounted in a way that any condensation could drain back down the tube.
for the excess regens, check and probe egr pressure ports inspect egr valve for proper travel and clean any soot build up from inside with brake cleaner and small brush. make sure fuel doser isnt blocked, ive seen alot of them blocked with soot build up. may want to check egr flow also
{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW
Here some reading materiel from cummins also, you need anymore info
{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.