prostar passenger turn signals
09-14-2020, (Subject: prostar passenger turn signals ) 
prostar passenger turn signals
2011 prostar limited with a cummins, my passenger side turn signals stopped working, the bulbs are fine as the marker lights will still work when switched on. Just they won't signal. There's a relay for trailer signals on the fuse panel but I can't find anything for the truck signal relays? Trailer signals fine and truck drivers side signals fine. Any insight?
replyreply
RE: prostar passenger turn signals
Did you pull the light out of the body and physically inspect the plug? I had to rebuild the plug, new pins, as it became corroded from road salt. Marker light worked, no turn signal on mine.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(09-14-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Did you pull the light out of the body and physically inspect the plug? I had to rebuild the plug, new pins, as it became corroded from road salt. Marker light worked, no turn signal on mine.

The headlight signal, cab and sleeper signals all work as markers but all 3 won't flash when signaling, the two cab signals are brand new and worked fine. Im thinking its a relay or fuse or something because all 3 of them arnt blinking, but work as marker lights.
replyreply
Fuse or a relay then, sadly I do not know where to point you other than the fuse box in the dash. Could be something as simple as a tarnished fuse. They will test as working, but in actuality, they are not and need to be replaced. I would look there first.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(09-14-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Fuse or a relay then, sadly I do not know where to point you other than the fuse box in the dash. Could be something as simple as a tarnished fuse. They will test as working, but in actuality, they are not and need to be replaced. I would look there first.

Alright ill have to take a closer look, I could only see trailer signal relays on first glance. (Can hear them clicking while signaling aswell) wasn't sure if there are truck signal relays in there, i assume there would be somewhere.
replyreply
I just checked to see if they're working and now they are lol. I don't like when things quit and start randomly. Ground maybe? I'll have to go through the notorious prostar wiring to see if I can see anything wrong haha.
replyreply
Could be a ground, like I said my issues were at the actual connection off the harness. And, check those fuses, I replace them continually in the dash, they get that ProStar tarnish going and for whatever reason they just stop working.

replyreply
maybe the diagram will help...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid54399

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.