Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
07-22-2016, (Subject: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure ) 
RE: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
(07-22-2016 )So Cal ProStar Wrote:  I'm in San Diego California, about a 3hr drive from LA. That would be great if any mechanic on here could take a look at it. The truck was driven bobtail from Iowa but who knows how long it was run like that.

The warranty guy called me this morning. He's in contact with the shop and should get back to me today. I'll call him a little later to see what's going on.

I really hope they'll take care of this and this is the first and last time I buy a truck halfway across the country. At this point, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with it since the dealership is a mom and pop dealer out of Des Moines.

Dr ISX is in Vegas, he is on the board here, look him up and shoot him a PM... If I were you, that is what I would do. Also, ask Rawze or Unilever for his contact info, I have not seen him on here in a bit... Might be quicker that way, as the guy is an ace on these things from everything I have seen here over the past two years... Good luck.
replyreply
07-27-2016, (Subject: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure ) 
UPDATE: Engine was opened up to find broken rings in every pistons. Sleeves showed signed of blow by carbon build up at the top.

Pictures will be sent to warranty tomorrow and we'll go from there.

Not sure if the link will work but you can see some pics of the truck and rings etc.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8vaRP...VcxbFNUdFU
replyreply
All the liners are washed out from rust and water intrusion. -- Maybe lot rot? -- Then when it finally did get fired up it broke all the rings trying to overcome the rust?

Just a guess.

============

That thing is in bad shape.

You can see that engine looks very very different from mine did at just under a million miles.

what a shame.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  All the liners are washed out from rust and water intrusion. -- Maybe lot rot? -- Then when it finally did get fired up it broke all the rings trying to overcome the rust?

Just a guess.

============

You can see that engine looks very very different from mine did at just under a million miles.

what a shame.

Thank you for sharing all your knowledge Rawze! I spent the morning watching some of your videos and it feels great to understand a little of how these engines and their components run.

At least I'm getting pretty much a new engine out of this truck I haven't even done a run on. I did have one question though...

When cleaning the intake tubes with carb cleaner, do you just literally spray it inside and use a brush to clean? Do you rinse it at the end and let air dry?

I will check the dozer injector since the engine is all opened up and coolant is drained. Anything else I should check other than what's in you egr tune up video?
replyreply
(07-27-2016 )So Cal ProStar Wrote:  
(07-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  All the liners are washed out from rust and water intrusion. -- Maybe lot rot? -- Then when it finally did get fired up it broke all the rings trying to overcome the rust?

Just a guess.

============

what a shame.

Thank you for sharing all your knowledge Rawze! I spent the morning watching some of your videos and it feels great to understand a little of how these engines and their components run.

At least I'm getting pretty much a new engine out of this truck I haven't even done a run on. I did have one question though...

When cleaning the intake tubes with carb cleaner, do you just literally spray it inside and use a brush to clean? Do you rinse it at the end and let air dry?

I will check the dozer injector since the engine is all opened up and coolant is drained. Anything else I should check other than what's in you egr tune up video?

Make sure the EGr valve is operating well and check the CAC for leaks while you are at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.