Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
07-22-2016, (Subject: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure ) 
RE: Isx Crankcase filter sensor high pressure
Sounds good. Thanks for the advise. I should hear from the warranty tomorrow. If they will not cover the inframe, then I'll try the things you all talk about. Thanks again.
replyreply
It's will be inframe you like or not.
With such huge blow by and coolant in oil it's unavoidable.
I will bet bearings are washed out cylinders are polished.
How is camshaft and rockers?
Use only good reputable shop, don't trust any warranties.
If you choose to go try to fix this then this you will loss more money and truck.
You already spent money on filter sensor mechanic and truck is not working.
replyreply
That motor sounds like toast, can you return the damn thing and get your money back? The head has to be shot, as you are having all of the symptoms that mine had prior to being forced to do the in frame. I can only imagine what the lower and top end look like as Snailexpress stated. I bet you are looking at a minimum of $25,000 if not $30,000+ depending on the condition of the rest of the engine and emission components. I did allot to mine, if the shop that did my work threw my estimate out of $38,000, the actual bill came to $52,000! All new Cummins sourced parts were used where possible, the only thing not replaced was the block, crankshaft and CAC, the transmission was refreshed and a new clutch installed. And I took her in with the mandate already removed, that was just engine and transmission work!

Honestly, I would return that thing if possible, you are walking into a financial hornet's nest covered in soda pop if you ask me.
replyreply
(07-21-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  Mechanic is talking inframe? ??Really? That's typical on the stealerships. First thing I would do is pressure test that cooling system. I would pull a oil sample too and consider a dyno as well befor I ever considered paying the stealer ships 35,000.00 for a inframe. Sounds like someone's pretty quick to take you for a ride down vasaliene lane. Just saying.

When checking the cooling system pressure, what am I looking for? What should it be? Thanks.
replyreply
You have to use a pressure tester and run it up to 20psi. Then let it sit to see how much pressure you lose. If you lose any you have to find out where it is going. Like others have said, I would pressure the salesman to replace it or refund your money. This is going to wind up putting you out of business in quick order unless it something simple which I'm beginning to doubt.
replyreply
Pressure test the EGR Cooler too... It is easy enough to do, pressurize the coolant system and remove the silicone hose at the rear side of the EGR cooler and check for coolant inside the cooler. Rawze I believe has a video on how to do just that.
replyreply
(07-22-2016 )So Cal ProStar Wrote:  
(07-21-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  Mechanic is talking inframe? ??Really? That's typical on the stealerships. First thing I would do is pressure test that cooling system. I would pull a oil sample too and consider a dyno as well befor I ever considered paying the stealer ships 35,000.00 for a inframe. Sounds like someone's pretty quick to take you for a ride down vasaliene lane. Just saying.

When checking the cooling system pressure, what am I looking for? What should it be? Thanks.
You can run pressure test while engine is cold. I run just under 15 lbs on the filler side. But you can increase pressure by removing the 15 lb cap and replacing it with the non pressure cap.
Let the truck sit over night with constant pressure you will find it. If its coming from the oil cooler, it will be coming through the #4 bearing journal. Replacement of the oil cooler is a delicate operation so make sure your mechanic is capable of doing it correctly. Hopefully, it wasn't driven for very long like that because it will take out cams and bearings as well so this engine NEEDS to be gone through thoroughly.
What shop are you bringing it to?
Where are you located? Maybe one of the extremely good mechanics on here can work with you.
I don't have much faith in them shi#t warrantys they sell ya. I've seen plenty of guys get screwed on them.
If they aren't willing to work with you, I would bring the truck back.
replyreply
I'm in San Diego California, about a 3hr drive from LA. That would be great if any mechanic on here could take a look at it. The truck was driven bobtail from Iowa but who knows how long it was run like that.

The warranty guy called me this morning. He's in contact with the shop and should get back to me today. I'll call him a little later to see what's going on.

I really hope they'll take care of this and this is the first and last time I buy a truck halfway across the country. At this point, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with it since the dealership is a mom and pop dealer out of Des Moines.
replyreply
If you ever do it in the future call a mobile mechanic and pay him the $ to go give it a thorough once over. I bought this one online but had a guy go look it over and find me a reason not to buy the truck. He found a few nitpick items I was able to get the dealer to knock the price down $2800.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.