Peterbilt 379
09-22-2020, (Subject: Peterbilt 379 ) 
RE: Peterbilt 379
For 30k i think you cant go wrong. Definitely be prepared for an inframe and head soon but the price reflects that. An independent can inframe one prty reasonable with aftermarket parts. Certainly not an ideal highway truck tho. Fill er up and watch the needle drop. So do u like making $ or do u like driving chrome bricks on wheels?
replyreply
An 04, and yes they are cool, but be prepared for 4 mpg fuel mileage... I would go with one of those day cabs or find something that better fits the application. It is hard enough nowadays to keep a truck up and running with the crap parts and idiots out here and then fighting to get down the road due to the specs on the truck not fitting the application.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
How about a picture of it?

If in good shape I say buy it. You can get your money back if you decide to sell it.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Don’t let them scare ya. That older cat engine is solid as a rock. They consistently run for 1.5 million or more even treated badly. If it has the twin turbo set, I would consider getting the variable bigger 1 turbo and put better gears in the rears for city running. If I didn’t run California I would still be running them

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
09-23-2020, (Subject: Peterbilt 379 ) 
(09-21-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  dump wagon with what 10% highway and 90% off road or 10% off road 90% highway a 379 is a fuel sucking pig along with the cat if your doing more highway than offroad better off with cheaper lower mileage ISX if its seeing more highway than anything.

Haha reading this after a few beers, none of my trucks are sleek unless you count the C120 freightliner with a fuel guzzling C16. I have a soft spot for that truck, service her and spin it back to work. near on 20 0000hrs on the engine, cost to keep it on the road are very low. The Cats do a good job for me on triples over here with no real difference in fuel burn. The only thing that is better on fuel is the new 909 (brick pushing through the air) with an X15. It averages 1.1 - 1.2 klm/litre. Had an 871 damn near sent me broke until I learned to fix it. Don't own it anymore. As far as I can see a Cat will burn slightly more fuel towing a single trailer but this is outweighed by lower maintenance costs. Anyway the biggest influence on fuel burn is the steering wheel attentant.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Papa_Buck , schISM , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.